Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absentia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've seen plenty of warriors ding level 50 in their quested crafted gear with shit weapons and no haste. Why can't you do it?
This.

When I make an alt I either start them off naked (if a caster), or just grab the first thing I can find for each slot until the character is fully clothed and level.

I can't imagine paying top dollar for any classic gear. The resale values will plummet on all but a couple items once Kunark is out and every single one of those items will be replaced by something else.

To each his own though. For some people trying to be better geared than everyone else is important.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

When I make an alt I either start them off naked (if a caster), or just grab the first thing I can find for each slot until the character is fully clothed and level.

I can't imagine paying top dollar for any classic gear. The resale values will plummet on all but a couple items once Kunark is out and every single one of those items will be replaced by something else.

To each his own though. For some people trying to be better geared than everyone else is important.
I dont know, i assume your bard was the alt, and the enc was used to farm the crap out of grobb prenerf for pp to get the bard full of lambent/mithril.

That way the bard would become more versitile, it can tank/dps/mez/buff. But with zero gear it can like selo, thats it.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

Or, some people like to be better geared to *gasp* be better at their class?
Old 09-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

EQ is gear dependent, we all know that. Problem is that with the prices on this server, if you are not on your third character with two level 50's on the shelf waiting for RoK, it is a bit tough.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

There are a few problems that cause this...if you consider them problems.

(though i can not prove it) i suspect that there is MUCH more plat per person on this server than there was on live at the same time. there are plenty of reasons for this, but the reasons don't matter. the effect of more plat being "in circulation" is inflation just like irl.

the items that suffer the most from this inflation are the ones in highest demand. the fbss is one of the best examples. it is a rare drop, at a single camp, and due to EQ mechanics is pretty much a required item (i.e. melee classes without an fbss or better are significantly less powerful). the result is that demand for fbss is very high, and supply is not. combine that with the general inflation on the server and you will see the price go up more than most other items.

the bottom line is that things are only worth what someone will pay for them. currently, you CAN sell an fbss for 22k if you are willing to wait a few days to find a buyer. most people are, so they do. the only reason to sell it for less is if you need the pp faster.

the camp btw is not trivially easy. i have personally spent two 30-hour sessions at the fbss camp in lguk. I have gotten 1 fbss that whole time. Luck is always a variable, but at 60 hours to make 15k I may as well have been farming HGs. My point is that it seems like some folks make it sound like an fbss is dropping every hour at the camp...if this were true the price would come down, but the item is much rarer than that, and the camp is easily monopolized by a single person. with the rate it drops and the number of people who need it (basicly every melee that doesn't have better) you are in a hell of a seller's market.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the platinum should be collected by the GMs and then equally distributed to all EQ players, regardless of how much time the player spent getting that platinum. It doesn't matter if you put 1 or 20 days playing time in, you should get an equal amount of platinum.

Then there should be set prices for items farmed and when you farm them they are auto sold without you having the choice if you cannot equip the item. You just receive the set amount of pp for that item.

My next idea is to not allow players to choose their class anymore. When you log into the server for the first time a name will be given to you, and your race/class will be chosen for you. The race/class combo will be what benefits the server most. Once you reach level 50 you will be given another slot which will then have another class/race chosen for you.
I lol'd. And then when someone thought you were serious, I lol'd again. And then this made me want to play Settlers of Qatan for some reason.

But yeah, great imitation of what people in this thread sound like.

To sum up, people shouldn't progress in an MMO in terms of wealth and power, everything should be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa air.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The simple solution to all this is to just not buy stuff that costs obnoxious amounts of PP. This is an emulated server that's only going to last for who knows how much longer (probably 1 out of 3 players will likely vanish when Cataclysm is released for example) so why stress yourself over anything? Just play with your friends, get whatever items you can and have a good time. If you happen to have alot of PP go buy an item. It doesn't really matter. You won't be investing in these characters for multiple years like you did back on live. You can still improve your character and play well while you're here without an FBSS if paying 15k for an item bothers you. I know it's ideal to have one, but if it's out of reach now just wait it out because eventually (I guess) more haste options will become available.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

see, the prices being so high wouldn't be much of a problem if there was an alternative, if we have the spare cash and are making a twink, sure go ahead and pay 5k for an item thats worth 2, but if its your first toon take a group and go camp it, only it is nigh impossible to do so, buying it is the ONLY option.

example, I have been hunting in mistmoore castle all week, there has not been one second I have been in that zone where the dhampyre was not camped by some level 50 farming it to sell the cloak, which means I only have one option to get that item, and that is farm my ass off to get 4k to buy it, I do not have the option of taking a group there, putting in the time and effort to camp that item.

this IMO is where the problem arises.

a fix for the problem would be ( and I'm just thinking out loud here so don't jump down my throat too bad ) maybe on Tuesdays only GROUPS can camp certain rares, no solo players allowed to camp those mobs on that day, this would at least give regular folks a small window where they might be able to acquire it.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or, some people like to be better geared to *gasp* be better at their class?
Or some people *gasp* embellish about their real life career choices to sound more important than they really are?

You know, the reason I give you so much shit is because the very first fucking day I started on this server back in November of last year there you were, talking condescending, belittling shit in global /ooc like you were the EQ fucking master. Then the lying about being a combat vet came to light, and it all makes sense. You're an insecure, narcissistic little child who creates a tough guy persona to compensate. And most likely a pathological liar. You should really just shut the fuck up. Every time you post here, it's all the more obvious what a pathetic little sack of shit you really are. But then again, this is probably the only social interaction a poser like you can get.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepblurp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simple solution to all this is to just not buy stuff that costs obnoxious amounts of PP. This is an emulated server that's only going to last for who knows how much longer (probably 1 out of 3 players will likely vanish when Cataclysm is released for example) so why stress yourself over anything? Just play with your friends, get whatever items you can and have a good time. If you happen to have alot of PP go buy an item. It doesn't really matter. You won't be investing in these characters for multiple years like you did back on live. You can still improve your character and play well while you're here without an FBSS if paying 15k for an item bothers you. I know it's ideal to have one, but if it's out of reach now just wait it out because eventually (I guess) more haste options will become available.
Lol WoW lol.
Closed Thread