Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absentia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember that ever happening, but I could be wrong!
You are.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absentia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you feel you have to buy anything as a Warrior? Just hit lvl 46 and start doing runs in the Planes for your gear.
Yeah, you're right. I'll just go to the planes naked with a rusty short sword. People will love me. Who needs gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeatee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its pretty discouraging that if you want a fbss, you almost have to wait for the level 50 soloing the camp to get one then pay 15k+ for it, instead of being able to bring in a group, have some fun, get some exp, and get the item you need.
That's how I got mine during live. Camped for it, in a full group. It took a long time, and some of my friends in the group were kind enough to give it up to me if they won the roll.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, you're right. I'll just go to the planes naked with a rusty short sword. People will love me. Who needs gear?

That's how I got mine during live. Camped for it, in a full group. It took a long time, and some of my friends in the group were kind enough to give it up to me if they won the roll.
Good luck finding the camp open on this server...
Old 09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good luck finding the camp open on this server...
And once you realize that 99.5% of the time its solo/duo camped, it speaks volumes about both the economy and mentality of the players on this server.

I'm pretty discouraged with going to a dungeon (say, Unrest) and seeing a lvl 40-50 solo camping the Undead Knight or Rucksif.
Seriously? You don't have better things to do than camp a low-mid level mob?
And then selling the BS Tunic for 500p is a real dick move when there are literally 3 yard-trash groups begging for a new camp spot.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

the best part about the economy is this.....if you don't buy their shit, they have no reason to keep camping it....so people....stop buying twink stuff and the economy will change and camps will open up for right leveled players. Its when you FEED THEIR GREED is when shit breaks down.

See, you dont NEED a FBSS at lvl 20 or whatever but you WANT one. so you do what you have to do to get one, if people wernt so dam greedy and want to do everything the easy way. This would not be a problem.....
Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Large Bat

I've seen plenty of warriors ding level 50 in their quested crafted gear with shit weapons and no haste. Why can't you do it?
Old 09-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've seen plenty of warriors ding level 50 in their quested crafted gear with shit weapons and no haste. Why can't you do it?
We don't suck lol
Old 09-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the best part about the economy is this.....if you don't buy their shit, they have no reason to keep camping it....so people....stop buying twink stuff and the economy will change and camps will open up for right leveled players. Its when you FEED THEIR GREED is when shit breaks down.

See, you dont NEED a FBSS at lvl 20 or whatever but you WANT one. so you do what you have to do to get one, if people wernt so dam greedy and want to do everything the easy way. This would not be a problem.....
Yes, let's all go boycott the people who sell stuff for too much.

Oh wait, I forgot... the sellers don't care, because they weren't targeting you in the first place, they were targeting the people who have enough plat to not have to worry about this stuff.

And honestly, how long do you think the average person could keep up the sacrifice? I would guess that as soon as the seller drops the asking price, the person will jump and buy it, even if it's still above what you would consider "fair".

This is a free market based on a "platinum" standard. The catch is that there is an infinite amount of platinum in Norrath, and that platinum is far, far more accessible to and more easily accrued by higher-level players than lower-level players. Those high-level characters (and their twinks) are the ones who have control of the market, which makes sense given how the EQ economy works. It's part of the game. The fact that the prices are higher here than on Live isn't a function of how the economy works on this server. Perhaps there is a higher percentage of players with maxed-level accounts, but there isn't anything wrong with that.

Solo farming happens to be the most efficient way to gain platinum and items. Many people choose to use that method of farming as their primary style of play. Decry them as losers with no life if you want, you have every right to your opinion, but it's the way they choose to enjoy the game, as is their right.

tl;dr: QQ moar
Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Banned

All of the platinum should be collected by the GMs and then equally distributed to all EQ players, regardless of how much time the player spent getting that platinum. It doesn't matter if you put 1 or 20 days playing time in, you should get an equal amount of platinum.

Then there should be set prices for items farmed and when you farm them they are auto sold without you having the choice if you cannot equip the item. You just receive the set amount of pp for that item.

My next idea is to not allow players to choose their class anymore. When you log into the server for the first time a name will be given to you, and your race/class will be chosen for you. The race/class combo will be what benefits the server most. Once you reach level 50 you will be given another slot which will then have another class/race chosen for you.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All of the platinum should be collected by the GMs and then equally distributed to all EQ players, regardless of how much time the player spent getting that platinum. It doesn't matter if you put 1 or 20 days playing time in, you should get an equal amount of platinum.

Then there should be set prices for items farmed and when you farm them they are auto sold without you having the choice if you cannot equip the item. You just receive the set amount of pp for that item.

My next idea is to not allow players to choose their class anymore. When you log into the server for the first time a name will be given to you, and your race/class will be chosen for you. The race/class combo will be what benefits the server most. Once you reach level 50 you will be given another slot which will then have another class/race chosen for you.
Can we all call each other Comrad???
Closed Thread