Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudin guards are paladins, however they are extremely easy and they only seem to LoH if they are rooted at low hp.
are they stunning? I'm pretty sure i tried this on my druid years ago and got stunned and beaten pretty fast.

this would be great if they aren't casting so damn much

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

These guys are mean.

just to test it (thankfully didn't try to quad first) I pulled sentinel tybal. He immediately rooted me then when it broke recast 5 times (resisted 4) got him down to 28% he healed himself, got him to 19% he LoH'd

no fun

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah don't ever root-rot caster mobs, especially healers.

Only fear kiting will kill them, and be generous with the reapplications of fear.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are they stunning? I'm pretty sure i tried this on my druid years ago and got stunned and beaten pretty fast.

this would be great if they aren't casting so damn much
I do remember them trying to cast stun and root on me sometimes. I soloed them on my shaman pretty easily for a few days to get my paineel faction up when I was in my 30s. This was also when my best item was a beetle stinger so I definitely wasn't twinked.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do remember them trying to cast stun and root on me sometimes. I soloed them on my shaman pretty easily for a few days to get my paineel faction up when I was in my 30s. This was also when my best item was a beetle stinger so I definitely wasn't twinked.
Did you hide behind a wall so they don't see you?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:22 AM
Orc

Root rot works fine for Felwithe guards as a shaman, they don't Lay on Hands if you're not in melee range and just dot them up and run out of casting range.
Last edited by Rkelly; 04-15-2014 at 10:29 AM..
Old 04-15-2014, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

Any of these in city guards stay db to 59? Trying to find some around the 43-45 lvl range (besides buffed up city entrance guards).
Old 04-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any of these in city guards stay db to 59? Trying to find some around the 43-45 lvl range (besides buffed up city entrance guards).
None that I've seen. Some will stay DB till 56-57 though.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is one guard in neriak( the first zone from nek) that is blue at 59. If you run straight from ZI he is in the first door you see.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These guys are mean.

just to test it (thankfully didn't try to quad first) I pulled sentinel tybal. He immediately rooted me then when it broke recast 5 times (resisted 4) got him down to 28% he healed himself, got him to 19% he LoH'd

no fun
the four in the temple hall thing to the docks didnt cast on me when they sure as hell had the opportunity. pretty sure they could be quadded if you just spin around the rectangular area in there
Closed Thread