Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Planar Protector

1 star

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 04-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Banned

I can see why some people might forget to do so or simply not have the patience to wait, but in general, I agree. Since I am going to be tanking eventually I would feel bad if I deprived my group of a cornerstone class without notice (a tank, a healer, or a good CC in some cases), and I suspect they would consider it extremely rude as well.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagaidh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I shit you not the following happened in live:

I was in a group of regulars that I'd made good friends with (we still are) and we had another guild member with us. Let's call her "Mama" *snerk*

We were doing an XP group in the Tower of Frozen Shadow. Mama was a shaman and usually a sponge. Not because she was tending to her kids mind you. She would sponge XP because she never, ever stopped gabbing away in /gu and /g about all kinds of things nobody cared about. Mama tells the group that one of her kids comes running up to her RL chair, kid holding her arm and crying. Mama tells the group not to worry.

Mama proceeded to soak up another 2 hours of XP. When she finally left she told the group that the kid had broken her arm.

We STILL wonder how that kid turned out... It was creepy. Wondered if it was real or just attention whoring. Either way. Yeesh.
See. Now THAT is a decent human being. She had the courtesy to stay with the group despite dumb things like kids and broken limbs. She knew that she may just inconvenience someone else on an elf simulator game. The kid is fine. Trust me. He was probably like "I'll be fine mom. Just make sure that they have a replacement for you before you leave. Hospital? No. I don't need healing nearly as much as your tank. Pop your torpor and get him some hp's back. I'll deal for the next couple hours."
Hats off to you mama.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
See. Now THAT is a decent human being. She had the courtesy to stay with the group despite dumb things like kids and broken limbs. She knew that she may just inconvenience someone else on an elf simulator game. The kid is fine. Trust me. He was probably like "I'll be fine mom. Just make sure that they have a replacement for you before you leave. Hospital? No. I don't need healing nearly as much as your tank. Pop your torpor and get him some hp's back. I'll deal for the next couple hours."
Hats off to you mama.
We were raiding once and a male guild member said that he may have to leave because the wife MIGHT be going in to labor. He said 'afk brb' Few minutes later he returns and says, "it's ok, the contractions are ten minutes apart, we still have time, game on."
Old 04-05-2014, 12:11 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We were raiding once and a male guild member said that he may have to leave because the wife MIGHT be going in to labor. He said 'afk brb' Few minutes later he returns and says, "it's ok, the contractions are ten minutes apart, we still have time, game on."
10 minutes apart? They still had a good 6-16 hours before anything would remotely happen.
Old 04-05-2014, 04:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 minutes apart? They still had a good 6-16 hours before anything would remotely happen.
Because pixels are more important than bringing a child into the world.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:25 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because pixels are more important than bringing an Orc into the world.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:28 AM
Banned

Congratulations, it's a gnome.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:53 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because pixels are more important than bringing a child into the world.
RL is more important but contractions 10 min apart means you do nothing. Hospitals won't even admit you until they are coming 3-5 min apart which like I said can take up to 16 hours.
Old 04-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

ATLEAST 30 Minutes? I'll play until I'm content and then log out... Lol
Closed Thread