Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically yes. Everyone complains how RMT ruins camps,economy, and creates an unfair advantage. These camps will be taken whether the PP is sold for real cash or not. Reality is the majority of the kids kicking and screaming are the ones that can only get ahead in a game tilted into their own favor. EQ classic is not a skill based game, more time=more success. Every unemployed Tom, crippled Dick, and disabled Harry will be the real "winner" in EQ, time is in their favor. For others that have obligations and priorities over an EMU server, one way to catch up when starting out without feeling completely left behind in a Norrath dominated by twinks and alts, is to spend a couple hours of pay. This scares the crap out of people that stare at their toon for 12 hours a day because it means people that earn a living and have lives can actually compete with them. I digress. You can conjure up hundreds of reasons why RMT is da devil, fact of the matter is it't wrong for only one reason. Because its in the rules.
Well said, but also if P99 became a huge cash cow for someone, anyone, then Sony might have to take action to shut it down to protect its own IP. To me, that's the real danger. I don't give a rip if RMTs give some players an advantage over others.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archestratie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well said, but also if P99 became a huge cash cow for someone, anyone, then Sony might have to take action to shut it down to protect its own IP. To me, that's the real danger. I don't give a rip if RMTs give some players an advantage over others.
Apparently you haven't experienced the hidden forest server where there are people running around with literally THOUSANDS of dollars of "donation gear" on single characters.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archestratie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Sony doesn't know... doesn't hurt it.

Some people have accused the GMs of being in on the RMT the GMs ask for proof...

It's a vicious circle.

Let's just say there's no proof that they're not in on the RMT. That's for sure. Just because they 'ban' 400 accounts.

Crazy guy with all the emoticons has a point... nobody runs servers for free.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Sony doesn't know... doesn't hurt it.

Some people have accused the GMs of being in on the RMT the GMs ask for proof...

It's a vicious circle.

Let's just say there's no proof that they're not in on the RMT. That's for sure. Just because they 'ban' 400 accounts.

Crazy guy with all the emoticons has a point... nobody runs servers for free.
Lol, there's also no proof they dont' eat babies. There's no proof they aren't actually Martians. There is some proof that its not them that make incredibly stupid posts, tho.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, there's also no proof they dont' eat babies. There's no proof they aren't actually Martians. There is some proof that its not them that make incredibly stupid posts, tho.
Yes you've just proven that fact all by yourself.

Eat babies? Are you some sort of retard?

You don't need to supply me with your answer, it's glaringly obvious.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

There is plenty of proof gm's have in the past been involved in RMT but watch out guys all this RMT talk is going to get you suspended like my poor level 15 necro.

/ooc'ing "lol, just bought 150k, who has fungis to sell" in EC immediately after 400 accounts banned is bad mmmkay.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

GMs have been dismissed in the past, do yourself a favor and go find out why.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 03-26-2014 at 10:45 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

And for the record I'm not making a claim that current GM's are involved in RMT or disparaging their efforts to combat RMT, which we all applaud.

I was just commenting on the previous posters argument regarding RMT on the server and GM involvement which seems to be a combination of Occam's Razor and prior conduct.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 03-26-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently you haven't experienced the hidden forest server where there are people running around with literally THOUSANDS of dollars of "donation gear" on single characters.
This is actually a true point. SOE really isn't concerned with p99. Even Blizzard, with its vast resources, isn't shutting down flourishing private servers, all which have "donation rewards".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Last edited by Messianic; 03-26-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Kobold

I believe this fine painting illustrates the point:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.4 KB, 202 views)
Closed Thread