Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are tons, in fact, if you send a tell to most aoe bards (not /ooc with massive complaint) they will leave stuff up for your pulls.

On that note, with the mob density of a typical Kunark zone there really isn't a reason to leave up mobs where people are xp'ing.

Tacite was one of the best bards when it came to being selective on his pulls.
Shouldn't it be kind of obvious not to pull stuff from where other people have been camping/pulling before a bard walks in?

I didn't realize you have to ask them nicely to leave your stuff alone, and THEN they're nice.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i woz jus tryin to relate wiv u m8 that woz all... be lucky.
Because I said mate? Lol

I don't relate to anything Essex, sorry to disappoint.

I just spent the last twenty minutes on Google translate trying to figure out what you said. They didn't have 'Essex Chav' under the language settings though.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because I said mate? Lol

I don't relate to anything Essex, sorry to disappoint.

I just spent the last twenty minutes on Google translate trying to figure out what you said. They didn't have 'Essex Chav' under the language settings though.
Doesn't relate to anything Essex yet could tell you were from Essex due to text, Right
Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering if there are any nice, respectful bards on p99.
I am awesome. Once I hit 28ish I never AoE'd again, and stuck to charm kiting so I could kill in out-of-the-way places and kill casters easily. I always offer people rides if I see they have no SoW or anything, because big deal, that's like 2 minutes out of my day to get them across 2 zones. I've also powerlevelled people for free because they were good people who were having a bad day. Why? I decided to do a little PR work for bards.
You will never, EVER, hear something like this mentioned in the forums or in /ooc. With the way EQ works, greatly encouraging grouping, and the amount of time death penalties/corpse runs cost a non-bard, there's just too much envy baggage there. Also, you'll never hear about bards like us (ones who stay out of the way) because no one notices us.
So it's not that every bard is a douchenugget; it's that every single person has had a negative experience with a bard at some point, or overheard something bad that a bard did, and it becomes a firmly-rooted belief that all bards are assmanglers.

The following piece, about bards, ran in the Saturday Evening Post on January 2nd, 1915:

“In every field of human endeavor, he that is first must perpetually live in the white glare of publicity. Whether the leadership be vested in a man or in a manufactured product, emulation and envy are ever at work. In art, in music, in industry, the reward and punishment are always the same. The reward is widespread recognition; the punishment, fierce denial and detraction. When a man’s work becomes a standard for the whole world, it also becomes a target for the shafts of the envious few. If his work is mediocre, he will be left severely alone—if he achieves a masterpiece, it will set a million tongue a-wagging. Jealousy does not protrude its forked tongue at the artist who produces a commonplace painting. Whatsoever you write, or paint, or play, or sing, or build, no one will strive to surpass or to slander you unless your work be stamped with the seal of genius. Long, long after a great work or a good work has been done, those who are disappointed or envious, continue to cry out that it cannot be done. Spiteful little voices in the domain of art were raised against our own Whistler as a mountebank, long after the big would have acclaimed him its greatest artistic genius. Multitudes flocked to Bayreuth to worship at the musical shrine of Wagner, while the little group of those whom he dethroned and displaced argued angrily that he was no musician at all. The little world continued to protest that Fulton could never build a steamboat, while the big world flocked to the river banks to see his boat steam by. The leader is assailed because he is the leader, and the effort to equal him is merely added proof of that leadership. Failing to equal or excel, the follower seeks to depreciate and to destroy—but only confirms once more the superiority of that which he strives to supplant. There is nothing new in this. It is as old as the world and as old as human passions—envy, fear, greed, ambition, and the desire to surpass. And it all avails nothing. If the leader truly leads, he remains—the leader. Master-poet, master-painter, master-workman, each in his turn is assailed, and each holds his laurels through the ages. That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. That which deserves to live—lives.”

All of the forum hate can't compare to that, nor can little minds get over their envy, fear, greed, ambition, and desire to surpass. All of my PR work won't change that.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't relate to anything Essex yet could tell you were from Essex due to text, Right
No I know he's from Essex it's got nothing to do with how he typed... Who are you? His missus?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Nope can't say that I am. Are you Ryzan's missus?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Aviak

This thread makes me want to roll a bard next
Vlakraien - Wood Elf Druid | Liito (Atraydeez)- Dark Elf Cleric | Rahban (Haarkonin) - Troll Warrior | Stylgarr (Freman) - Barbarian Rogue | Pytur (Dvries) - Erudite Necromancer | Gernie (Hallek) - Human Bard
Old 03-25-2014, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't it be kind of obvious not to pull stuff from where other people have been camping/pulling before a bard walks in?

I didn't realize you have to ask them nicely to leave your stuff alone, and THEN they're nice.
To be honest it's not actually obvious at all. The mere presence of an enemy is validation it isn't being killed.

Still, there is a reasonable amount of respect that has to be give to a class that CAN conceivably kill every enemy within their kite. At the same time it isn't unreasonable to expect a bard to stay away from the few areas people are xp'ing.

Something something two way street.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope can't say that I am. Are you Ryzan's missus?
Well you act like it, jumping to his defence! I like Swish he spends most of his day uploading funny Gifs to these forums.

You like him too it seems... A little too much
Old 03-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NEVER FEAR AYRWOLF IS HERE!
And this is what you posted to save the day for your soulmate?
Closed Thread