Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah shut down CB/Gfay/Oasis/WC/Unrest/MM/CoM/KC.

Those are outdoor zones, omg noobs, go indoors.

Wait...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wondering if there are any nice, respectful bards on p99.

All I ever see are threads complaining about them, and in game I've only been playing for a couple months but whenever I see a bard it usually means it's time to switch zones. I don't even get mad about it anymore, I just leave.

As a counterbalance to this, every other class I've played with have been really awesome so far.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Interestingly, how many bard mains are in the guild you're in? I always think they're an experiment/alt character and never really make it beyond OT when the XP dies off and levels aren't so fast.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah shut down CB/Gfay/Oasis/WC/Unrest/MM/CoM/KC.

Those are outdoor zones, omg noobs, go indoors.

Wait...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I solo kited in Gfay, NRo, Sro, Oasis, WC, the Karanas, and OT - but not the outdoor dungeon zones for obvious reasons. I grabbed every mob that I could in these zones, because 1 fuckup = insta death, might as well go big.

The duo kites become better in the 40s - FV, Dreadlands, BW.

Bards have to have thick skin - so many whiners can be distracting when it's time to kill the mobs.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Amelinda was quite clear on people not grabbing all mobs they could find in zones where there were groups at peak time. I don't know if that's still a thing that the current GMs follow up on, but consider me a whiner if I'm in a zone and you're busy kiting all the mobs.

Once you finally finish them I'll still have 10+ minutes to wait for their respawn timer. That's fair, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm not in a guild. Like I said, I've only been playing a little while, so it's only anecdotal evidence, but I haven't had any team-player type bard experiences yet. I realize it's the nature of the class to have to solo most times, but I don't remember ever encountering this many jerks on live.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amelinda was quite clear on people not grabbing all mobs they could find in zones where there were groups at peak time. I don't know if that's still a thing that the current GMs follow up on, but consider me a whiner if I'm in a zone and you're busy kiting all the mobs.

Once you finally finish them I'll still have 10+ minutes to wait for their respawn timer. That's fair, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, tbh, I kited mostly late night. If people started complaining I'd try to leave mobs up in their area. Most of the kunark zones have so many mobs that a bard can get a huge kite going and still leave some around the popular camps.

Some of my late night OT kites were huge tho. I remember getting over 2 levels in one pull =|
Old 03-25-2014, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassMachine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wondering if there are any nice, respectful bards on p99.

All I ever see are threads complaining about them, and in game I've only been playing for a couple months but whenever I see a bard it usually means it's time to switch zones. I don't even get mad about it anymore, I just leave.

As a counterbalance to this, every other class I've played with have been really awesome so far.
There are tons, in fact, if you send a tell to most aoe bards (not /ooc with massive complaint) they will leave stuff up for your pulls.

On that note, with the mob density of a typical Kunark zone there really isn't a reason to leave up mobs where people are xp'ing.

Tacite was one of the best bards when it came to being selective on his pulls.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 03-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
naw tho m8 innit u no wat im sayin. it not wot u say bruv its wot u do, u get me?
Can tell you're from Essex, I'd keep that one quiet if I were you, probably Romford as well 'bruv' :-)
Old 03-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can tell you're from Essex, I'd keep that one quiet if I were you, probably Romford as well 'bruv'
i woz jus tryin to relate wiv u m8 that woz all... be lucky.
Closed Thread