Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgetiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they were to make money off it it would be. Hence why donations are SOLELY for server costs.

I wouldn't run a server for free so fair play to them.

Sony like Blizzard have would or could open up a lawsuit against Rogean surely if they suspected they were making money off of their product?!
nope when EQlive went free to play they pretty much ruined all rights along those lines .... there is no way rogean can be sued over p99... they know about it , they wish they had as good of a progression server as nilbog/rogean

Old 03-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottyburp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mention any names. Are these the only 2 GM's on the server? Who said I was talking about either of them?

Read it again shit tits
just because you couldnt handle running a server without selling shit, doesn't mean the world sucks a big dick like you.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1506 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not crying, just stating facts, you all seem to be in an uproar because p99 is, in fact, illegal, no matter what they tell you on the wiki/forums. Its directly copying something that was/is copyrighted. Yet sit upon their moral high horse. Calling it their game. Its not. They didn't reinvent EQ, they copied it from a previous build. I wasn't banned although most of you think i was, you're stupid as hell as i stated i wasn't and said i would login whenever you want me to.
Definitely banned. And mad.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i double triple dog dare you to prove it. p99 has been up since 2009, and with all these accusations never once have any of these people been able to provide proof of RMT involving Rogean and Nilbog.

its getting old. clean your whistle and try again
I support this message
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just because you couldnt handle running a server without selling shit, doesn't mean the world sucks a big dick like you.
This guy still plays.... He isn't banned and who has he insulted here for you to react in such a way? You're acting like he's insulted your boyfriend or something you should lighten up
Old 03-25-2014, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i double triple dog dare you to prove it. p99 has been up since 2009, and with all these accusations never once have any of these people been able to provide proof of RMT involving Rogean and Nilbog.

its getting old. clean your whistle and try again
I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but we all know there is very little chance that the player base could ever prove anything with regard to admin-sanctioned RMT. The admin staff is in a (justifiably) godlike position with regard to the server.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:43 PM
Kobold

Your friend got banned for RMT, no tears shed, good ridden, hope u follow him.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I support this message
Laughed pretty hard at that lol

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Everquest is full of sad people

Im not your friend
Rallos Zek (99' Veteran)
Old 03-25-2014, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocsucow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nope when EQlive went free to play they pretty much ruined all rights along those lines .... there is no way rogean can be sued over p99... they know about it , they wish they had as good of a progression server as nilbog/rogean
That statement is base on myth.

Sony could, at any time, use to have an emulator shut down because they only the intellectual property that is everquest. What they probably couldn't do is collect damages because Rogean et. al. aren't profiting and they've known about p99 for 5 years and haven't done anything about it and so a counterclaim that Sony hasn't fails has failed to protect its IP could be made.

But could Sony shut p99 down? In a heartbeat. If nothing else, they could lawyer it to death.
Closed Thread