Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That being said, I wish all the banned people a happy, healthy and productive life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, far more productive then ours! amirite?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
Sarnak

Old 03-24-2014, 07:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdegere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is not crappy. It is in the EULA and has been in the rules as long as the server has been going. The time and energy it would take to accomplish what you propose is absurdly large. In fact I find your entire post here absurd. Alot of items and Plat are now gone forever and the server is better for it.
People screw up, and to lose days of work on a hobby sucks. I was nicked for something trivial I was unkowingly involved in (about 2k from my friend) and somehow I think that a couple minutes of someone's time is worth salvaging at least several thousand minutes of my time. I know someone will say it, we play for free. Well when you're essentially the arbiter of people's time like this, I think there's an obligation to make efforts not to destroy people's time investment when they were marginally involved.

Plat and items are going to compound over time on the server. Tracking known sellers over long periods of time and not providing a remedy fairly quickly may get more items/plat removed, but also fuels the market to farm/camp more for those sellers and assures them they can get their money. Albeit I'm making the assumption that they tracked sellers for a while before banning them, but given the availability of plat online, that seems to be the case.

tldr: Banning sellers more quickly, and working with individuals banned would be more appropriate.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr: Banning sellers more quickly, and working with individuals banned would be more appropriate.
Had they banned the RMTers quicker, they'd just be bitching about something different like how much they lost to said seller. Not only was this imo the best way and most efficient in the crusade on RMT, but it is also the most beneficial to our economy.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had they banned the RMTers quicker, they'd just be bitching about something different like how much they lost to said seller. Not only was this imo the best way and most efficient in the crusade on RMT, but it is also the most beneficial to our economy.
Then let's carry that idea to its conclusion. RMT is allowed flourish more than it otherwise could for the benefit of removing more capital from the game.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then let's carry that idea to its conclusion. RMT is allowed flourish more than it otherwise could for the benefit of removing more capital from the game.
Or maybe it was allowed to gain what it did so they could easier get rid of a bunch of RMTers instead of two. Who cares? They basically went against the rules of the server, they deserved it.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you be sure he didn't rape anyone.
This is my favorite reply in all 4 years being on these boards. Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 02:21 AM
Banned

OP confirmed rapist
Old 03-25-2014, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

two friendly and competent clerics gone, Goodbye Day and Flemm.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHurb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP confirmed rapist