Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Kobold

well not adverse... jsut considering something other than one at the moment....

What about a Iksar Shaman? Wouold be that difficult for someone with no in game gold? I do not care as much about being able to solo inside as being able to be self sufficient when needed.

The other possibility is maybe a halfling druid... I have played one of those too...

I am trying to get my foot in the game and low level enchanting is too slow I would rather get another toon going first.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Without gear, Shaman will be tougher and slower than Enchanter, until you have canni an your pet, etc.

Still, it's way more rewarding than most classes (as is Enchanter). I have a 55 Enchanter and its easily the most fun and OP class I've ever played...Shaman being second. Sometimes you have to be able to handle the tough times of getting started in order to have a class that suits your wants.

With calm and a charmed pet, you can drop some of the best money-making camps in the game, plus with a goblin gazughi ring, soloing is cake.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Poorly geared shamans are downright terrible at soloing from maybe 10ish to 24, at which point you're only mediocre until you get your epic. If you don't have the patience for that, you might consider something else.

But given the fact you've ignored all the input in both these threads and keep asking questions people have already answered, I'd say again go with a necro because they can be played effectively by a vegetable, in addition to being excellent soloists, desirable in groups, and not at all gear dependent.

Druids are similar, but far less capable soloists, and the higher they get the less desirable they are in groups.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Kobold

lune i have not ignored what has been said. Some people have said mixed things.

Based on what others have said what classes are useful in a group, that can be independent that are not dependent on gear? I am truly not trying to troll, jsut trying to know what my options are. I have not played Kunurk in a long time.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Skeleton

If your patient - Enchanter or Shaman. Both better at later levels.

Ir your not patient Necro or Mage. Both consistently good soloers from the get-go IMO.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM
Kobold

Necro is a little more difficult in dungeons though as the main way for necros to level is fear kiting, unless you don't mind pet tanking and recasting pets when they die. There are some dungeons though that can be done with fear kiting like the Mines of Nurga.

Mostly though as a necro, you'd much rather level outside so you are free to fear mobs and not worry about other shit aggroing you.
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best class for indoor soloing?
Enchanter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically I want a list of classes that can level fast and can solo decently when needed other than enchanters LOL.
Druid or Necro. Druid probably won't be soloing inside, however. For max exp you will want to quad. Although i guess you could charm too. I would recommend a nice level 49 Druid. Great first/alternate character. Needs very little gear, can Powerlevel for your friends or for cash, can port around and track stuff sometimes (better in velious).
Old 03-13-2014, 08:42 AM
Fire Giant

Necro charm is way more effective than fear kiting. If you have a CoS you're set.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Necro if its an undead zone, enchanter or shaman otherwise.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentcarter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OR just quit while your ahead and go outside.
It's so cold in the D.