Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed, "hard" is not the right word. "Tedious," "monotonous," "drawn-out," "protracted," etc. are.
Yes I agree, penalties for certain classes is pointless.

For those of you that want to play velious and keep the exp penalty that would be like buying a Lamborghini and then changing out the engine with a rice burner.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 03-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed with basically everything you said. I primarily just made this post to play devils advocate anyways. I'm mostly neutral on the exp penalty either way, I just had a thought that after velious this server will be incredibly easy for a lot of reasons.
I am fine with having XP penalties, but you have to admit the amount is pretty drastic. I don't believe it should have ever gone over 40% the most. Yes, it's nice having the extra abilities with hybrids, but it's just not balanced when you look at the extra abilities and the related penalties IMO.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velerin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As the world grew and grew in EQ, you really just needed faster travel options. I don't think the spires/books "ruined" anything but was really just necessary.
The thing I missed the most with PoP was chilling in cities and seeing people. Everyone just hung out in PoK and the fantasy rpg feel was gone. Factions became meaningless etc.
The 2 things that got me hooked on p1999 was people in the cities again like the old days and no boxing. Boxing is what ruined MMOs.
I believe pok books were added in response to the community wanting something like this? Or maybe it was the min maxers, or the hardcore who were on the forums all the time making the most noise? Either way, I am pretty sure this is why it happened. I started in LoY and I LOVED EQ. I didn't have experience without PoK books and coming here was my first time in classic. Nevertheless I love it here and I see where people are coming from first hand. Regardless of whether it was good or bad, PoK is a very nostalgic place for me and the music hits me evertime. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would definitely be down on a server that stops at PoP, but not this one. It would be cool to find one with the same quality and attention to detail as this one, but even without one I am perfectly content in experiencing classic for myself after only hearing epic stories and legends. It's very amazing to be able to experience classic for the first time.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

I think extra pras/some title should be assigned to people who made it to 60 with a troll/iksar/ogre SK before the penalties drop (which isn't day 1 of Velious I should say).
Old 03-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Aviak

Time has made the game too easy.

Kadatha Sharptail <BDA> ~ Level 40 Iksar Monk
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
Kobold

POP was my favorite expansion. BUT having said that I think they should have limited travel to PoK to lvl 46+ like other planes.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonez138 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
POP was my favorite expansion. BUT having said that I think they should have limited travel to PoK to lvl 46+ like other planes.
Actually a pretty cool idea.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:28 AM
Fire Giant

If you think the game will be too easy with XP penalties removed, just kill your character every once in a while.

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 03-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aborath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time has made the game too easy.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, what happened was that I made a post about liking PoP and that the excuse for not liking PoP based on books was lousy. Then selective quoting, reading, and general pitchfork-inducing behavior occurred.
Man, I see none of the above happening. I quoted you, but its not a 'selective quote', it's typical of your argument. It seems to me that you are getting irritated about people not agreeing with you when you have delivered up your opinion. I think your opinion is perfectly valid, I just don't agree with it.