Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a fucking retard.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2014, 02:04 PM
VIP / Contributor

R99 Jailbreak : dirty whistles :: this thread : bad analogies
Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Skeleton

Smokeandmirrors <Cheaters> has been defeated by Derubael <The Law> in The Red 99 Forums!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Supreme, you gotta stop, bro.

Dude, you guys have had a personal vendetta against the recent PnP and found any non-written rule to exploit it to its fullest extent for gain. When it was first introduced, In SolB one day, Sirken had asked anyone who died in the battle for ragefire to leave all zones even remotely related to the PvP going on (meaning they died and were now done fighting for the remainder of the battle), and then days later in Dreadlands, because it wasn't written anywhere, and because we stupidly made the assumption you would honor that same criteria from only days prior, you guys started rezzing in and rejoining the fight even before we zoned and you received some vague sense of "zone control," as if it still weren't definitively being contested. Basically, being fucksticks.

You aren't a moron, clearly. I can imagine you know what it means to be impartial and not a complete ass clown.

Separate yourself from you guild tag and think about how you would act on a server you wanted to preserve. The GMs umbrella term "don't be a dick" means being able to be humbled in game, accept loss, and not constantly looking for small technically sound or valid exploitable situations to turn the tide into your favor.

Which you're doing right now.
Last edited by Buhbuh; 02-23-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why do guilds re-invite and re-gear banned players? surely this condones cheating/exploiting etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Limited server...no player base..people hate poop-socking blue raid content?
This is the most lol-worthy post in here.

Limited server...no player base.... so let's enable the worst sorts of people here to easily play again when they should actually be suffering the consequences of their bans.

WE NEED PEOPLE ... OFFER POWERLEVELS AND GEAR TO THOSE TOXIC ENOUGH TO ALREADY BE BANNED

it's a good way to keep your own numbers up (and it's worked!), but it's shitty for the server because lots of decent folks don't want any part in that
Old 02-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Shut up supreme
Old 02-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Aviak

i don't really see why Deru tried to justify himself in here at such length

Supreme and Elderan should be honored that they were even given a response to their [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you don't like it you can just git out etc.. oh yea fucking addicts, you won't do it

and if you were banned without any inkling of knowledge regarding these events, you should GO THROUGH THE PROPER CHANNELS AND MAKE A CASE. it works
Old 02-23-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody in my guild that was unbanned that day decided to give the guild bank some/all of his items, that guild bank account deserve to be banned?
You are slime.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Perhaps this event will cause all guild leaders to take a more critical look at their rosters and cut those players who consistently break the rules.

There are now three healthy raid guilds on the server and a few small crews so the recruitment options are out there.

Proactively prune your own rosters so you won't have to complain to the GM's when they do it for you with a chainsaw.
2. item loot
3. teams
4. egg shaped pumice
5. racial faction loss
6. removal of exp loss on pvp death
7. pvp text (i like orange)
Old 02-23-2014, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Or you guys could, you know, not associate with people who have dirty ass-whistles. Everyone who was transferred items knew those characters were banned. Everyone who was transferred items knew who they were associating with. Be more cautious, and you won't need to worry about it.
You are better than this. We talked about it and you dang well know it is impossible to know what someone was thinking when this happened.

Quote:
What do you think an 'exploit' is? It's a mistake made in the code that can be abused to gain an unfair or unintended advantage. By your logic, duping isn't an exploit. Next.
I think the word exploit is being throw around far too often. This wasn't an exploit and more of a mistake by the staff.

Quote:
It's that unspoken rule that says "if you find something you think might even be remotely kind of sort of maybe an exploit, report it immediately, or you can gtfo".
Problem is as I explained before. No one really knew what was happening. I think things are easy to see after the fact but during the heat of it that wasn't the case. Most people truly though these accounts were unbanned on purpose.

Quote:
Was that message just not clear enough for everyone? We had hoped it was, but I'll keep in mind that another example may need to be made in the future, because some people still don't get it.
The only example gained from this case is that GMs can and will change/bend the rules to whatever whim they are currently on.

Quote:
Don't associate with dirty whistles, and you won't have to worry about getting your whistle dirty. Pretty simple.
This statement gives this sever and bad name when in fact there are few dirty players on this server.

For example Lite 2-3 boxes all the time. Wrong yes and slightly dirty but I still would not want him perm banned. I would like for him to stop the boxing though.

This is a simple case of a GM defending the actions of the staff even though they were wrong. Pretty simple really.
Closed Thread