Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Theres still this possibility:

Nihilum is a big guild, with many players.

Player A says "Hey im not playing this toon anymore, im going to strip it, sell this shit to start an alt, can you hold this shit for me and give it to my alt?"

Player B, not aware of any foul play, takes the 8-16 bags, thinking hes just doing this player a favor, passes it on again to player A who logged another toon.

Player A (who owned and stripped banned account) grabs all the infected items.

Player B gets banned.

We dont know the specifics, i really hope they examined each case individually and not banned people across the board for this.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 02-23-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look, Supreme. Just calm down, and think this through. You're not helping your case by arguing with us players. I know you guys have already made a petition or whatever in the forum. Put your reasoned arguments there and pretend you're polite and patient about the whole matter, and act like you want to get things cleared up in a constructive manner.

They're going through and unbanning people that were just involved a little bit, and have no ill-gotten items on them currently. If going through the proper channels, we all know that if there is a good reason for it they will unban accounts. We're all expecting lots of the banned parties to have their bans lifted. Some of you are probably still going to remain banned, but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.
Honestly Secrets...I do not do this for MYSELF.

I been here since the begining..day 1. This draws into question server integrity and unfair response from the staff because it is a free server. I believe in Project1999 and I am glad that it exists. But to have no validity in server rules or due process is corrupt and a decay on the longevity of the project.

I speak for all players that are caught up in this mess by error of the GMs. Not just Nihilum. Someone has to speak up and combat the half-truths, rumors and lies being spread about the issue.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Banned

they already said if you transferred you wont be permabanned. If your toon was holding the banned gear though after they fixed the exploit then yes you will be permabanned
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if the account in question was a 57 rogue with AoN COF RBB TrakBP etc..and was banned. And during that time you REROLLED a rogue that is now 60 with full VP gear etc would you not then log on your old rogue and move the items over to your new rogue?
If both accounts were owned by the same person then they need to remain banned. The only people that should be considered for a lifted ban are those that did not strip formerly banned accounts.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Theres still this possibility:

Nihilum is a big guild, with many players.

Player A says "Hey im not playing this toon anymore, im going to strip it, sell this shit to start an alt, can you hold this shit for me and give it to my alt?"

Player B, not aware of any foul play, takes the 8-16 bags, thinking hes just doing this scumbag a favor, passes it on again to player A who logged another toon.

Player A (who owned and stripped banned account) grabs all the infected items.

Player B gets banned.

We dont know the specifics, i really hope they examined each case individually and not banned people across the board for this.
Nihilum leadership accepted this risk by continuing to guild & play with these players. This community is WAY to small for anyone to get banned, reroll the same class to gear up, and do it in a way where absolutely no one but that player knows whats going on.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:02 PM
Banned

Hey Supreme if your guildies assumed this wasn't an exploit how come they stripped the banned characters and distributed the loot to unbanned accounts?

They had no desire to play the banned accounts even though they were under the impression this was a legitimate universal unbanning?

Looking forward to your response 8]
Old 02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they already said if you transferred you wont be permabanned. If your toon was holding the banned gear though after they fixed the exploit then yes you will be permabanned
lol i fail at reading

again

Enough forumquest for today
Old 02-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrproudbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nihilum leadership accepted this risk by continuing to guild & play with these players. This community is WAY to small for anyone to get banned, reroll the same class to gear up, and do it in a way where absolutely no one but that player knows whats going on.
Actually baziah answered this one. It would be silly to condemn at large a guild that has so many players as Nihilum.

If you only did a quick transfer, you are not getting banned.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly Secrets...I do not do this for MYSELF.

I been here since the begining..day 1. This draws into question server integrity and unfair response from the staff because it is a free server. I believe in Project1999 and I am glad that it exists. But to have no validity in server rules or due process is corrupt and a decay on the longevity of the project.

I speak for all players that are caught up in this mess by error of the GMs. Not just Nihilum. Someone has to speak up and combat the half-truths, rumors and lies being spread about the issue.
Why do you think I'm Secrets?

Anyway, I don't really think you should be going on about integrity. From our admittedly limited perspective, it looks like Nihilum utilized yet another exploit and then got it fixed right away once they were done with it. And it wasn't just Nihilum that was punished, in the event that other people did exploit.

The only people that might be victims here are friends of the exploiters that accepted gear not knowing it was ill-gotten.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Skeleton

So did this actually hurt Nihilum's ability to raid/contest, or was it just a public embarassment
Closed Thread