Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As much as i hate to, i have to say Supreme has a point.

Beyond the first layer of transfers, no one should be getting banned over this.

It is even arguable that even the first layer of transfer should not get banned, although im not sure of the specifics.

I bought 3 days ago a spell from Symbioticforks in Nihilum with being only faintly aware of this whole debacle, should i be worried about my account being banned?

Because i was like "well, cheaters get banned" but once u start thinking about all the ramifications its easy to see how many people who basically had nothing to do with this could be banned in the process.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrproudbeard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Standards and integrity like not dealing with people who get banned for breaking the rules to begin with?
What rule was broken?

Where is the rule that states if a GM makes a mistake and unbans an account that ANY player that associated with that banned account, knowingly or unknowingly, will also be banned?

Your argument is biased because you are unable to compete ingame and have to twist the rules out of game.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So we should not have any kind if standards or integrity of rule because it is a free server?

Why the fuck would you play here EVER?
One extreme to the next.. You are comparing a fully functional judicial system we have all come to love to a emulated elf server with 5 - 7 staff members? If this was the great prisoner release in anticipation of velious do you not think it would have been announced?

You guys didn't think you'd get caught.. and you did. Please explain how only Nihilum characters are banned and literally nobody else?

- Oppressor
Planar Protector

supreme, there's nothing you can say here to convince anyone with a clean whistle that these dirty, 6-tooned, 4-chinned, 2-banned, 0-sexed pixel mongers should be unbanned.

there might be one or two ppl who should legit not be banned. but you aint arguing individual cases, you're just blanket defending intentional wrongdoing.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait.

You are going to now claim that these players KNEW it was an exploit..was informed that the accounts were not suppose to be unbanned...then proceeded to try and strip their banned accounts by moving items off to their friends accounts?

Sounds legit.

This is really a contradiction to what Durabel said in his opening post...since it was a GM mistake and not a "exploit".
Yeah, apparently you guys were expecting to have those accounts banned once more and scrambled to get all the gear you knew you shouldn't have handed out to friends and guildmates. You were probably hoping that by including so many accounts in the process that the GM's hands would be tied and you'd get to keep at least some of the stuff. Were the GMs informed before or after all your trading had taken place?

The smart thing to do would be stop talking about it in public, and wait for them to mull over your petition.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

I am not lobbying for the accounts unbanned by the "GM Mistake" to remain unbanned.

I am lobbying for those players that had no knowledge of the "GM mistake" to be given a fair shake in a raw deal. The rhetoric is that we want a "healthy" server but how can we have a healthy server when people must walk on glass and eggshells with fear or being banned by associating with accounts that they unknowingly interact with.

Is the only safe way to never be banned is to NOT play on Red99 anymore?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I say again...a GM mistake is now an exploit?

Players moving items from their unbanned accounts is an exploit?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Capitalizing on a mistake made by a GM while knowing full well the devs and GMs would have a problem with it should be considered an exploit.

Red99
Old 02-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
What rule was broken?

Where is the rule that states if a GM makes a mistake and unbans an account that ANY player that associated with that banned account, knowingly or unknowingly, will also be banned?

Your argument is biased because you are unable to compete ingame and have to twist the rules out of game.
The rule that got them banned in the first place? I'm not talking about the follow up situation that resulted in more bans.

It's just great to see people coming out in this thread talking about X prior toons getting banned (with no reasons stated why) and then playing the victim card because they got more people banned.

Hey guys, why were you banned in the first place? Was it for a "bullshit" reason? Or did you break a rule and then just roll another toon to level and gear up? If the later, it's hard to have pity for people who got burned by harboring dirtbags.

Your argument is biased because you are on the receiving end of the punishment.
Sarnak

Quote:
I am not lobbying for the accounts unbanned by the "GM Mistake" to remain unbanned.

I am lobbying for those players that had no knowledge of the "GM mistake" to be given a fair shake in a raw deal. The rhetoric is that we want a "healthy" server but how can we have a healthy server when people must walk on glass and eggshells with fear or being banned by associating with accounts that they unknowingly interact with.

Is the only safe way to never be banned is to NOT play on Red99 anymore?
Ask Ender...

- Oppressor
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
supreme, there's nothing you can say here to convince anyone with a clean whistle that these dirty, 6-tooned, 4-chinned, 2-banned, 0-sexed pixel mongers should be unbanned.

there might be one or two ppl who should legit not be banned. but you aint arguing individual cases, you're just blanket defending intentional wrongdoing.
new sig.
Closed Thread