Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Even Tasslehof (Barlow) had a blast this morning. Hell has officially frozen over.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can attest personally to the trade-off of a longer club. I carry an extra driver that is about 5 inches too long for me (affectionately nicknamed The Spanker) that I like to sometimes use when there's a nice open fairway. The fact that I can occasionally spank it 350 yards with the club is outweighed heavily by how many times I've found the rough with it. Granted I am referring to a club that is "too" long for me, but the same duality exists even when we're talking about a club that is the right length for a person.
5 inches too long for you but just the right size for a taller person. If the shaft is too long it tends to lower your swing plane and create a hook.

Btw, I seriously doubt you hit it 350 spanker or no spanker. Generally, people that can drive the ball far consistently don't need extra shaft length or some gimmick club to achieve distance. Athletic tall people drive the ball far with little effort.

Basically, don't go thinking golf is even playing field. If your not tall then your automatically at a disadvantage. When all things are equal skill wise the taller person will always win. Guaranteed.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:29 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2090 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 inches too long for you but just the right size for a taller person. If the shaft is too long it tends to lower your swing plane and create a hook.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I'm talking about my longest ever, swinging 100% and possibly hurting myself - I can hit the ball pretty damn far. In high school our course had a 320-yard Par 4, the green of which I regularly drove. I have absolutely hit 350 a number of times at a real range. In real play I take a 2-iron off the tee half the time when playing competitively - easier to control. My father is a golf fanatic so I have been pretty immersed in golf basically my whole life.

As for the rest of what you said, you're still not acknowledging the trade-off. The "same skill" with tall vs not-tall would imply a relatively greater amount of work to get to that skill level for the taller person with longer clubs. What we're really talking about here is arc, not club length. All things the same, yes, a larger arc equals more distance and better play. All things aren't the same though - that accuracy and control suffers.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

lol chewie still proud of killing a mostly naked new player

you're a hack!
Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

pls less golf talk more pixels
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 02-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Sarnak

hoku is supplying every lord bob monk with a year supply of adderall for pd fte snipes.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hoku is supplying every lord bob monk with a year supply of adderall for pd fte snipes.
Lolol
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Jeremy, I didn't know you were a golfer. I feel more affectionate towards you (196). I joined a private CC last year, get some bros and hoes and come to SJ. I'm game for any kind of meet up that doesn't involve Pokemon cards.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

Actually just picked up golf last year, I am GOD AWFUL but its a blast and im enjoying every minute of it.

We own 68 acres of farmland which we went out but we still have 3 very large yawns I plan on making a small course for myself to practice on. Im thinking 6 hours, 3 100yd which is 3par for me, 2 mid range where i can practice my chipping more, and a well detailed putting green with sides varying in distance and elevation.

Can't wait for this fucking snow to melt

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread