Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that supposed to be an insult? I took 10 minutes and tried to post a logical and mature reply. Sorry if that's above your intelligence level buddy boy
You had a lot of legit points in your post. If Azrael wouldn't have split from RD and poached members repop day would have been Red Dawn vs Nihilum no doubt. There wouldn't be any gray lines or secret deals. PvP would have happened and both guilds would have gotten pixels. Azrael splits off and threatens RD by possibly getting them 0 pixels. They create an environment where RD is up against two monsters instead of 1. They create a 3 guild environment where it will ALWAYS be 2 v 1. It is inevitable that deals will have to be made and they are upset everything didn't go there way.

I get the hatred for Nihilum and blinders being put on when anyone does something in favor of Nizzar since he is ultimately the biggest villain and detriment to this server.

Azrael is the one that put RD in a position to be number 3 and pretty much at the mercy of the other two guilds in guild vs guild situations. This plays right into Nihilum's game since they are the strongest, they can manipulate situations into their favor more easily. Nihilum is loving that Azrael broke apart from RD and gave them more power on the server. Azrael has some PvP skills and level 60's but they are often blinded by their hatred and don't see the big picture. They are quick to make enemies and don't even understand what they are doing.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

There has been a lot of talk about poaching members from Red Dawn that has yet to be addressed. When Azrael started up again one of our top priorities was to NOT do that. We only invited with us people who were part of Azraels 1-14. As checkraise pointed out a couple times, it was through text messages and the sort... that was the Azrael batphone.

Anyone that has joined us since the Plane Of Fear incident has not been poached from RD... they left on their own accord over the fact Checkraise went ahead and formed an alliance with Nihilum before asking anyone in the guild. People willing to drop a month or two of investment, DKP and pals to avoid playing with the most toxic players on the server, have some integrity. We here at Azrael like that in a person.

------------

re-pop day, azrael had 24 people, red dawn had 40. Sorry you guys couldn't get anything done! @ Hippo
Last edited by vouss; 02-19-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Grats BCG to Dabber, RBB to Juggz, Elder Spirit Greaves to Dracc, Blood Ember Greaves to Dacuk, Druid Epic to Nips, CoF to Denz.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

For those talking shit on HB get over it. Everyone has something to bitch about but who is going to lead a guild with more play time or know how than HB for Red Dawn? I literally can't think of 1 better person to run a guild outside of Nihilum.

You can't just focus on the things you don't like, think about the things you do like on a day to day basis that stems from Heartbrand. I like the fact that I can be gone for a couple days and something is always going on when I log in. I know that when I hit 60 I will be able to take part in PvP or PvE every night I log in. You may not agree with every decision but there is always a decision and plan in the works.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Kobold

A sickness with no cure, thought this was a thread about AIDS.

Turns out it is.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

re-pop day, azrael had 24 people, red dawn had 40. Sorry you guys couldn't get anything done! @ Hippo
Well whatever happened things are playing right into Nihilum's hands. Basically holding RD hand while trying to destroy Azrael. The second Azrael isn't around Nihilum will turn on RD. I don't see RD having much of a choice and Azrael is acting as expected playing into Nihilum's favor. Once again Nihilum is laughing at rest of server as the "resistance" turns on each other.

The second RD gets big enough and repops come a chunk of the guild splits off to make their own guild and then gripes they don't get support. It literally makes 0 sense. You can't split from a guild, tell them to team up with you and when it comes to crunch time get slaughtered by your own "allies" and get nothing. Basically expecting another guild to do your dirty work and then let Azrael's loot council decide who with their guild tag receives loots.

I don't think anyone doubts Azrael has some fire power but someone does need to think for them. And when they make their own decisions and go their own way the resistance suffers. I don't even think they understand why or what is happening.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

everyone just needs to stfu and kill each other in game imo.

ERUDITE SHIT.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ERUDITE SHIT.
azrael has always been the guild that latches on to prospective guilds on the come up, then would tear it apart after poaching members.

it's happened plenty of times. this server could have been healthy 8 months ago. But these toxic players keep coming back after quitting repeatedly.

Everquest was never really about pvp, it was who could organize the fastest and the best. I have stressed this so many times while inside and out of azrael. The most organized always wins. If you can't do that you are fucked.

Azrael has lacked organization and simple guild mechanics like written rules since the get-go, on the fly lite decisions that can be good, but can also sink a guild in a heartbeat. No checks, no balance, nothing. The amazing thing is that he has not realized and embraced changes, he could actually have a quite competitive guild if he stopped being an idiot.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

It is funny watching outsiders speculate why we did we we did and knowing the actual truth.

I'm gonna go ahead and break the code of silence and say I heard Nizzar say multiple times in TS that having another guild was better for the server. Not everyone was on board with letting RD get a VS, with us essentially getting nothing in return. It wasn't like Az+RD was doing anything to slow us down anyway.

Believe it or not, Nizzar did this because he thought it would help the server to have a more casual raiding guild as an available option. There is no allegiance or anything even close to it. We'll still fight tooth and nail to hold our position on the server, that certainly hasn't changed. This opportunity could have easily been used to start putting nails in RDs coffin and then reinforcing our ranks with many of their members.

I truly think the three guild system that we're heading towards is a remarkable change and will help sustain this server. There are three major guilds running now, all with different strengths and all catering to a different type of player. Only two of those three guilds seem ok with how things are shaping up.

All the shit talk, all the policy changes, all the polls, opinions, staff live streams, etc, were essentially all leading to what happened over the last 3-4 days. We had simulated repops and regular repops. Three guilds all downed raid targets. PVP activity has been up. Population has been up (190+ on last night!). A new system is emerging to make room for different play styles. For the majority of the server the toxicity is starting to ebb. Everything is trending in the right direction finally, just in time for a surge of people when Velious hits.

I just don't understand why certain people are unhappy about it? And frankly most of those people seem to be in Azrael. I'd like to hear from them about what they'd actually like this server to be? What's your goal, or are you just here to bitch and moan until the plug is pulled?
Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm gonna go ahead and break the code of silence and say I heard Nizzar say multiple times in TS that having another guild was better for the server. Not everyone was on board with letting RD get a VS, with us essentially getting nothing in return.
LOL ....good to see there are people with some level of intelligence like Hippo, who know exactly what's going on. Have people forgotten so quickly the planar griefing ? I don't think there is a single RD member who believes Nihilum's intentions are anything other than taming Azrael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically holding RD hand while trying to destroy Azrael. The second Azrael isn't around Nihilum will turn on RD.
And the Griefing would commence once more.
Closed Thread