Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine, if you guys want these forums filled with 'YEAH JUST GO STEAL THE TITANIUM CLIENT' then that's cool. My point was that there is no perceivable benefit gained by screaming that in the forums. Paying $50 to play on this server is a small price to pay.

I mean you guys can feel free to keep screaming 'JUST GO STEAL IT!!!' but I am the only person who has responded to the OP with a real solution on how to obtain the Titanium client for a reasonable price. So fuck me, right?!
You probably are the one selling them on amazon, you chauvinist.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

When I steal your car, you wake up in the morning and your car is gone, I'm off driving it with hooker and blow in the back seat.

When I pirate your car, you wake up in the morning and drive to work. Unbeknownst to you I've duplicated your car and am still driving with hookers and blow in the back seat. You don't even know I did it because it didn't affect your morning commute.

Also, 95+% of people here played EQ originally and bought the expansions included in Titanium. They already paid for it all they are doing is getting a backup/digital copy.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Buying a copy of Titanium today, none of your money is going to SOE. It is secondhand. If you want to feel morally good about acquiring your copy of Titanium go purchase a subscription to live, or pay the ridiculous preorder cost for Landmark.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

it would be pretty nice if i didnt have to use titanium. such a heavy client, i cant believe its so old based on how many system resources it takes (yea, i got a shitty PC). does anyone know if there is any work being done to make a new client, maybe in a more lightweight language?
it would be cool if p99 could actually distribute a client too, it seems like titanium is a huge problem, considering how big the EQemu community is and all of them are nerds.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure one of the installers in Tech forum has an option to strip everything out of the EQ folder that isn't needed for P99 if you are looking to slim down on the space required.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 02-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure one of the installers in Tech forum has an option to strip everything out of the EQ folder that isn't needed for P99 if you are looking to slim down on the space required.
ive done that, it removes files from the directory but the running program size is not affected by this change.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fine, if you guys want these forums filled with 'YEAH JUST GO STEAL THE TITANIUM CLIENT' then that's cool. My point was that there is no perceivable benefit gained by screaming that in the forums. Paying $50 to play on this server is a small price to pay.

I mean you guys can feel free to keep screaming 'JUST GO STEAL IT!!!' but I am the only person who has responded to the OP with a real solution on how to obtain the Titanium client for a reasonable price. So fuck me, right?!
My post was not telling anybody to go steal it. Whatever you do is on you, and obviously the devs, gms and most people don't endorse those actions. Nobody here is responsible for what a person choses to do.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I pirate your car

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, would prefer a printed AK47 myself.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

technically, legally speaking, the issue is not with acquiring pirated files. what is illegal is the distribution of copywritten material. yes, its true that using a torrent service does involve uploading, which is why i no longer use torrents.
but if anything is available to be acquired for free then i dont see the problem with getting it. imo, the distributor is at fault for making their product easily duplicated.