Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by weh8you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahahah 144 sheep[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or 144 people who hope that Brad, no matter his flaws, will be able to bring back the magic that was EQ before it went to shit!

But I respect your opinion.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:33 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't a bad idea; nothing game breaking aside from fungi staff.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Planar Protector

Fumble

Old 02-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

this is a terrible thread
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Looking at that concept art of (whatever)town, the one with the natural land bridge that's has city built on top of the bridge, I want to play at least long enough to jump off of that bridge into the channel a mile below.
Maybe in 2017 I'll have an oculus rift too.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or 144 people who hope that Brad, no matter his flaws, will be able to bring back the magic that was EQ before it went to shit!

But I respect your opinion.
144 people that would rather donate 60$ to a game that will be what EQ players want rather than....

getting another WoW clone -> paying 60$ for the box and 14.99$ for 3-5 months and INEVITABLY coming back here dissatisfied.

This community, jokes aside, isn't the lowest common denominator when it comes to game content / a truly persistent world. Games like WoW will NOT last for you, which isn't much to say about WoW's clones.

If you got something personal with Brad? Set him up for one more shot. I watched his interviews and he still remembers content way better than you'd think. He also played his game. You think diamond dick Kotick plays WoW? HEH.

You wanna buy another WoW expansion and support this guy (seriously read these articles):

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...ole-nixed.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...of-pay-1-.html

Or do you want to support this guy (yes, read interview):
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ew.html/page/1

If you're concerned about later EQ expansions (trust me I was) or Vanguard? Try to realize Brad had to deal with the same marketing people who brought you WoW but on a much tighter budget. He had to try and cling to what he wanted EQ to be and what the corporate overlords wanted it to be. He does not have to do that here. He has to make a game that meets a niche group's wants (that's us) in HOPES he will gain our trust enough to fund/support an expansion. So, yeah, I think it's one of his last big shots to do something big on his own without being a creative director for some WoW clone factory. I think he will treat it as such.

As far as P99 and xp pots and guise raffles go? Rogean/Nilbog are making the fungi stick no drop. The guise is pointless beyond aesthetic appeal in Velious. A handful of 50% xp pots could go down the drain in a few bad groups. Not to mention what's 14 people have another couple of 60s? I agree there's way too much gear on this server and too many 60 characters, trust me. However, if Brad were trying to get donations going to get the rights to Classic EQ's original code to start a server... I would think P99 would be doing the same thing here to support him.

Here's another fun fact on that note. Even if that "true perfect" classic server came out, I've realized something and this came up at the stirrings of EQ Classic's alpha announcement. No matter how good or classic another server is, most people are going to stay here with the community, their guilds, pals and pixels.

So again. Consider the 60$ in your wallet and where it will go this year. Read the Brad interview and check out the Kotick blurbs. My donation came out of what I would have spent on the Diablo 3 expansions.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-05-2014 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-05-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Early velious release is game breaking for red99
Old 02-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Banned

Early access you mean? Heh. Ain't gonna do much either way bub. I got u tho, signin' into AIM.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Banned

So hire Salim Grant, a man abhorred by eq/vg vets for turning vanguard into a WoW clone and openly compromise P99's integrity by implementing RMT.

Great strategy Brad really. You're winning all the right votes.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
Banned

A man hired and told to turn it into a wow clone. Continue tho.
Closed Thread