Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now if we can mobilize faster than you, and safely engage a target before you do, be sure that we will.

THE NEW DIVINITY

Through reformation, from Divinity to the Divinity Machine. Thanks Barfight, Rhalous, Jelatin, and all of our other excellent officers and members. Raiyn, you rock.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 08-30-2010 at 04:43 PM..
Old 08-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Update:

Divinity is now the #1 guild on the server.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

I'd also like to note we don't cause trouble on the forums and flame for no reason. We only spoke up and defended ourselves when attacked by the best monk on the server, Gabrielle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys did great and I'm not saying otherwise. I'm merely pointing out the fact that your guild successfully accumilated more mages/necros than ours and was successful at killing him. Good job.

Yes, we did see your pets on track. I'm not sure why you're so defensive about using pets to tank him along with your members. Both IB and DA also used players to tank in combination with pets. Your guild was the victor. But i do remember the start of your fight and seeing your numbers drop within seconds and the only ones left were pet casters chaining. There's nothing wrong with that.

And yes, anything past 4 should not be attainable unless using mass numbers at this given time in the game. This server is wonderful but it's not 100% like it was on live. Perhaps you were not there to fully experience this to comprehend. If you disagree please link factual data that shows top guilds back in the day accomplishing what you've done and getting as far as you have without zerging and maybe i'll come to your way of thinking. IB is a very well respected and talented guild I'm not arguing that. Responding to my post as if you're on the level of the top notch guilds during live is humerous.
You obviously still have no clue how we beat the Spiroc Lord and you probably never will. I encourage anyone who thinks that pets can beat that boss to go and try it. Your entire argument revolves around the fact that because something wasn't done 10 years ago, it can't be done now. Have you ever thought that just maybe the benefit of hindsight and experience, both in this MMO and others, could lead to something impressive? Probably not.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starklen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You obviously still have no clue how we beat the Spiroc Lord and you probably never will. I encourage anyone who thinks that pets can beat that boss to go and try it. Your entire argument revolves around the fact that because something wasn't done 10 years ago, it can't be done now. Have you ever thought that just maybe the benefit of hindsight and experience, both in this MMO and others, could lead to something impressive? Probably not.
I know how you killed it!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony210 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Divinity is not a hardcore raid guild, we are a casual raid guild. We do raid often and try our best to get raid targets but we do have lives outside of the game.
yea right, casual guilds dont raid at all hours on week days,they have jobs,responsibilities etc, casual guild my ass!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea right, casual guilds dont raid at all hours on week days,they have jobs,responsibilities etc, casual guild my ass!
someone tried to make this point to me today, but it just doesn't hold water.

We are still a casual guild. Nobody is ever required to wake up and raid in the wee-hours, nobody is required to track and there is no mandatory raid attendance. Alts are actually allowed in the guild and if you don't feel like raiding for an event you really don't have to...

We all have jobs and/or are in school. we don't take EQ as seriously as a hardcore raiding guild would, we've just been careful to finely tune what we have now in such a manner that it works and doesn't become too straining on our members. And if the kills start to dry up I can guarantee you we won't fret and lose any sleep over it. Above all, it's guild with good people and about having fun.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite most of you posts content being false, you are correct about a few things. There is a new attitude in our guild, and its one of mobilizing faster, tracking longer and killing targets with fewer mistakes. FTE has worked well for us because we never took part in camping a raid force for days on end in order to get first dibs. Now if we can mobilize faster than you, and safely engage a target before you do, be sure that we will.

To address your first post;

1.) We have never griefed or disrupted any other guilds on purpose. That goes for trains as well. If my math is correct, a kill of CT + Draco causes at least 5 DT cycles that are unavoidable. Throw in extra cycles for accidental agro and yes, its a pain in the ass for everyone involved. Last time WI and Divinity raced for CT, there was at least a dozen cycles of DT caused by both guilds, and no one complained. Thats the nature of the zone when CT is up.
Not quite true, you disrupted two other raids -- and people did complain. When you have 2 monks parked at CT and initiate the CT cycle repeatedly without pulling him, I dont know what else you call it. There were far mare than 5 DT cycles, i would say 25+ would be closer to the truth, and the only time we triggererd it was when we were actually pulling something. In fact Transcendence left the zone entriely because of your actions in that instance. Unfortunately the admins of this server chose not to enforce the rules on you.

I also have a screenshot of one of your rogues hide/sneaking while the train that your guild caused pathed back -- all of our pullers and miscellaneous others were in our camp. Once again, the admins didn't enforce it because at this point in the server, Screenshoots mean nothing.

Quote:
2.) If zoning in after you have zoned in first and engaging a raid target is breaking a rule, I'd love to see it. It is called First to Engage for a reason (Also, I seem to remember a raid where DA leapfrogged not only us, but WI as well on CT and we didn't say a word about it, because it was within the rules).
I can't speak to any DA leapfrogging because I never saw that happen, but fear is (and should be) a different story -- we did the break-in, we cleared 90% of the zone and you took CT. If not strickly against the rules, certainly a douchebag move.

Quote:
3.) What bugs did we ever exploit? We have had a clean kill of CT 3 weeks in a row and this is the first Ive heard of using any bugs to our advantage. We pride ourselves on not having to use any sort of bugs or 'cheats' to get the job done.

Like Rhalous said, if you have any issues with Divinity we are more than happy to talk with you in a more private manner. Just contact any officer and we can go from there.
Well, the one kill I was a witness to -- you pulled CT with 12-15 mobs still up, but for some reason the adds didnt reach you until CT was nearly dead. I have been told that this bug has been fixed though, and will soon make it in.

Personally, I could care less either way, but trying to maintain you are a lily-white guild when in fact you use everytrick you can whether it is against the rules or not is galling.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Orc

I rarely post but Gab, you are either grossly misinformed or outright lying. The adds came immediately, and if you'd actually observed the fight you'd know that. I can understand being frustrated that another guild is doing a little better than yours but your constant accusations do nothing to help your cause. If you think we cheated, prove it.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the one kill I was a witness to -- you pulled CT with 12-15 mobs still up, but for some reason the adds didnt reach you until CT was nearly dead. I have been told that this bug has been fixed though, and will soon make it in.
This is completely false.