Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In essence, it seems like your either poor, or rich. When decent starting weapons for anyone are around 100-300pp, but that is what you pretty much have until 1) you get lucky with a good drop in a group or 2) you save up for MONTHS to get one piece of equipment.
I think this is where the 'problem' is. Near end game weapons are available for a pittance. Of course the very best things are at a premium or are loot only.

Back in classic you would work you way up through fine steel / mino axes and so on. Now you spend your first few levels farming decaying skeletons, spiderlings and bears, giving you enough money for a weapon with a ratio better than anything that was in the game at release with change for a passable set of armour for the next 30 levels.

If you're looking for a game where you have meaningful upgrades to look forward to as your character levels up then don't use EC mart and plan your hunting around drops you want to acquire, forming groups to hit up those camps if needs be.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:07 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well

A 10/18 seb dirk drops off a level 55 requiring a full group and careful pulls of 53-55+ peeps.
Are you saying it should be 2000pp, so it is a nice step from a 200pp 11/22 jarsarth trident?

A Jarsarth Trident drops from a level 51?ish mob in KC. Requiring a group of 45-55
Should it be any cheaper than 100-200pp? Most people can afford this by level 12-14...for a level 50 weapon that is absolutely fine to use until 60 in classic.
That's what I'm getting at. Should it be? I don't know. More than likely with the current state of the game, no it shouldn't be. That's what leads to the poor or rich idea. No middle ground [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

If SCDs should be 2k just because kww thinks so, then I WTB a ragebringer for 10k please. I need a new alt.

Hell. Mage epic is the only upgrade from a 1k pet spell right? WTB mage epic MQ 5k.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Orc

Lol. I didn't say that should be the price. I said I don't know. Just seeing what people have to say about this topic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-30-2014, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwwBall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I didn't say that should be the price. I said I don't know.
Quote:
More than likely with the current state of the game, no it shouldn't be.

Getting pretty hard to not troll this thread. You seemed legitimately curious/confused originally, but now you just seem like you're veiling begging attempts and/or whines about the economy behind higher-level philosphical/economic mumbo jumbo.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

You should be arguing that there is no poor, not that there is no middle class. You yourself have admitted that you already bought gear that would have been acceptable on live at 50+ on your first character who is merely 23.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Banned

It's not that there's no middle ground anymore, it's just that no one cares about the low level stuff anymore. It's just that ballin stuff is so cheap then to upgrade is really expensive.
There is no low class poor in this server. Only upper middle class and then top tier best possible class.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

You paladins should just be giving away your everything to follow your lord and savior quellious/prexus/rodcet/mithaniel/brell/tunare around anyways! Curing the blind and diseased, laying on hands, expelling evil spirits, etc. Don't need any fancy gear for that.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:56 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

I'll try to express this visually.

On EQ Live in 99 I think it used to be like this.

1 Poor
5 Poor
10 Poor
15 Poor
20 Poor
25 Poor
30 Poor
35 Decent
40 Decent
45 Decent
50 Decent
55 Decent
60 Decent
60 Decent
60 Good
60 Good
60 Good
60 Good
60 Good
60 Leet

On P99 its more like this. The jumps can vary but with handouts and cheap over-farmed gear I think this is a good estimate.

1 Poor
5 Poor
10 Decent
15 Decent
20 Decent
25 Decent
30 Good
35 Good
40 Good
45 Good
50 Good
55 Leet
60 Leet
60 Leet
60 Godleet
60 Godleet
60 Insanely Godleet Plat-rain

So instead of being poor, you're actually middle class, and middle class before you would've been on EQ Live. Take for example my 54 monk on live, he never had a Wu's Trance Stick leveling up even in CoM. Now its rare to see a level 6 monk without a Wu's Trance Stick in FoB because you can pick them up for near nothing in EC. Also you are comparing yourself to people with nearly one of each class at 60. Its quite difficult to obtain various 60s without gaining quite a bit of money along the way in drops and such. So while your bar for yourself is higher, the bar you are trying to attain has also increased leading to the illusion of being poor.

My two coppers.
Last edited by myxomatosii; 01-30-2014 at 09:03 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Take for example my 54 monk on live, he never had a Wu's Trance Stick leveling up even in CoM. Now its rare to see a level 6 monk without a Wu's Trance Stick in FoB because you can pick them up for near nothing in EC.
Lol. I remember "twinking" a level 20 ranger with a silver swiftblade on live and feeling like I was so god damn awesome killing beetles in the karanas.
Closed Thread