Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Support or Against.
Yes 52 38.81%
No 82 61.19%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Purchasing in game illusions is already available at https://www.everquest.com/shop. And it can stay there.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

If items like this were introduced, please keep it blue only. As it stands on red, Illusion forms such as AoN/guises and others can give huge advantage to fatties in small areas. And skeleton illusion ALONE takes away the nameplate on a person giving even huger an advantage. Though I doubt this will be ever added, I always knew most people on blue only cared about appearances =/
Old 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebekkha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This will inevitably force premium items in EC like Fungi for instance to rise so much that it would also be only attainable by a small minority of the server. If you wanna rid your plat so badly , stalk some new players and help them on their way perhaps
You're a monk with a guise, your opinion is obvious. How long did that take to get? 5-10mins, lucky right place, right time GM event. How is that more legit then 2mil which takes exponential amounts of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want these illusions I suggest you either make an enchanter, or try out one of the other EQEQMU servers. This will never happen here.
Have no interest in playing an enchanter or going to a different Emu. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Tetley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
learn to google trivia questions faster...
I know right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Purchasing in game illusions is already available at https://www.everquest.com/shop. And it can stay there.
Different game and that is real money there pal. Stay on topic. Argument is invalid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If items like this were introduced, please keep it blue only. As it stands on red, Illusion forms such as AoN/guises and others can give huge advantage to fatties in small areas. And skeleton illusion ALONE takes away the nameplate on a person giving even huger an advantage. Though I doubt this will be ever added, I always knew most people on blue only cared about appearances =/
AoNs can be bought on blue for around 450k to put a 2mil vendor into some perspective. Also who wouldn't want to be a Froglok??

Lot of No votes for something that adds to the server and takes nothing away. Doesn't hurt anyone. Odd.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're a monk with a guise, your opinion is obvious. How long did that take to get? 5-10mins, lucky right place, right time GM event. How is that more legit then 2mil which takes exponential amounts of time.
Chiding someone who offered their opinion, though they own a guise, is petty at best. It also clearly demonstrates that you're hurt that you don't belong to the illusion club and harbor some serious envy towards those that lucked out and picked up a guise via GM event.

Quote:
Lot of No votes for something that adds to the server and takes nothing away. Doesn't hurt anyone. Odd.
You need to step back and realize that, no matter how many times you make this statement, it's not true.

The no votes are there for a reason, and it's not because this suggestion "adds to the server" - it won't. They aren't there because this "takes nothing away", because it does. And they aren't there because it "doesn't hurt anyone" - that's subjective, but you're essentially asking the development team to forget all the other non-classic changes that have been suggested over the years in favor of your personal campaign to change form. That could hurt some feelings.

Here's what this will be - an ego boost for a handful of people, and yet another separation between the average P99 player and the ultra-rich. Your ego is clearly a factor here, and I don't think you should be rewarded for your attitude towards people who already have illusions.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Looks like people here can't voice an opinion on A POLL without being insulted by strangers who assume all kind of bad things, go figure, I though a smaller community would be nicer on the forums, I was wrong. (off to play)
Old 01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Make them temporary items and only have it available to buy during october. Halloween masks.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
add in expensive plat price to re-spec starting stats
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

Meh, rather than giving out items for 2 million plat, you guy just buy 10 dose illusion potions for like 10k a pop or something. They wouldn't last forever and would still be a money sink. I don't really care either way, but a permanent, buyable item doesn't make any sense
Old 01-27-2014, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chiding someone who offered their opinion, though they own a guise, is petty at best. It also clearly demonstrates that you're hurt that you don't belong to the illusion club and harbor some serious envy towards those that lucked out and picked up a guise via GM event.

You need to step back and realize that, no matter how many times you make this statement, it's not true.

The no votes are there for a reason, and it's not because this suggestion "adds to the server" - it won't. They aren't there because this "takes nothing away", because it does. And they aren't there because it "doesn't hurt anyone" - that's subjective, but you're essentially asking the development team to forget all the other non-classic changes that have been suggested over the years in favor of your personal campaign to change form. That could hurt some feelings.

Here's what this will be - an ego boost for a handful of people, and yet another separation between the average P99 player and the ultra-rich. Your ego is clearly a factor here, and I don't think you should be rewarded for your attitude towards people who already have illusions.
Firstly that wasn't a chide. It was an example of how easily previous Illusions have been obtained compared to spending a hard earned 2mil on one. I'm happy for the guy but lets not be naive, how many no votes are from people who want to feel "special" because they have an Illusion already.

I doubt the devs would do this even if the yes votes were 100%. Not sure about an ego boost for an Illusion either...its just Fluff. Perhaps some get bigger Egos cause they have more cash, or some special item but it's just a game man, its not all that big of a deal. It would be simply another fun thing on p99.

I look at it like this, the only valid argument against it is the fact it wasn't "classic" to begin with. Years down the road when Velious is in the same state kunark is in now. They are going to have to add things or tweak things to keep this server active and break that "keep it 100% classic in all aspects" model. Why? Because people can only do the same thing for the same reason so many times.

This idea is a very basic one on things the Devs could do if they wanted to. I'm a huge fan of p99 and I'd like to see it thrive instead of become stagnant
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Voted yes despite knowing the reality is no. Which I'm okay with.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread