Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're smokin, AoW was a mean mofo. Yeah it did take zerging, but it also took fast recovering of key classes to kill this mob. Def not a pushover at all.

Tov was tough, but I saw a certain guild on inny (pantheon) do some pretty spectacular kills with 18-20 peeps, of course they did have a gm as a guild leader. But that's besides the point. Tov just takes paying attention and following directions, just like 99% of velious did.
Conext! It's raid mobs/zones versus eachother. AoW is mean, and he's KD's star player, but how many DRAGONS would it take to zerg him down? What would team KD really have left once AoW was knocked out of the game?

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Whats the story behind Vulak I remember hearing as a young EQer that when he was first kill he had no loot table, but the first guild to kill him [FoH im going to assume??] got items named after the players that killed him.

If this is true Pro99 wiki shows 23 items if I counted right on his loot table. Im sure it took more then 23 items to kill him, so how did the 23 players get picked out of X amount of players it took to kill him?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Wont let me edit my above post. Im also curious aren't some of the NTOV dragons stationary? If so, does Vulak summoning those dragons make them un-stationary?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Not at first.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wont let me edit my above post. Im also curious aren't some of the NTOV dragons stationary? If so, does Vulak summoning those dragons make them un-stationary?
Dragons being rooted was implemented later. Vulak was a ring event by that time.

Rooted dragons allowed for easy debuffing before you ever got started with tanking it.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Conext! It's raid mobs/zones versus eachother. AoW is mean, and he's KD's star player, but how many DRAGONS would it take to zerg him down? What would team KD really have left once AoW was knocked out of the game?
Keldor, Vindi, Tormax, Statue, and Idol. Not much to look at compared to NToV. I guess PoZs are mean lol...
Old 01-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Only one person in this thread has mentioned Aaryonar

/facepalm
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only one person in this thread has mentioned Aaryonar

/facepalm
Aary was a legit gatekeeper.

At least for part of my servers' history, whoever downed Aary had rights to NTOV for a few hours afterwards before it became FFA.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Kobold

TOV was much much more difficult than KD by all means, and its not even close.
On the other hand, there wasn't a single mob in all Velious that would match AoW.
Many dragons were difficult in terms of pure strategy as they required perfect placement, perfect timing and discipline, but if you had them well figured out, they were kind of easy.
AoW on the other hand was super simple, there was no great strategy to it, but you just needed the best tanks in the world and a whole bunch of cleric along with a huge DPS, because he had so many hp, could not be slowed, and would hit so friggin hard + rampage.
Closed Thread