Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Fire Giant

This shitty proposal kind of did it to itself to be honest.

One system is fair, unbiased, and easy to police. The other system clearly favors the top end and is overly convoluted and full of problems. You can decide which.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 12-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

I figured out what was wrong with this proposal. No spreadsheets. Gotta have spreadsheets.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

Just give BDA/Taken the ability to GM spawn no drop items and be done with it. They can get their pixels and the rest of the server can have fun competing.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Fire Giant

There ya go.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't have time to read your entire thread. But you're basically proposing that AG and TMO both have 100 points right? Are you flexible on this? Somewhere in this giant thread do you say that it's actually fair for TMO to have more like..400? That would lead me to believe your proposal could actually make sense.
Are you being dense on purpose? Every guild gets the same amount of points, but not every guild will get kills to use up their points. It merely forces guilds to focus on targets that matter to them. You still would have to out compete everyone for the raid target, just can't exceed your point limit by killing any and everything. It's pretty damned simple.

The reward you get for being top tier is the best items, but the concession is the raid scene opens to a significantly larger playerbase....which was a requirement of the agreement to begin with.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shitty proposal kind of did it to itself to be honest.

One system is fair, unbiased, and easy to police. The other system clearly favors the top end and is overly convoluted and full of problems. You can decide which.
I still don't see how its fair that those who put in the most time and effort get allotted the same amount of mobs as those who choose to put in very little.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just as alterations to address those concerns began being discussed everyone started raging about how shitty they felt the proposal was and demanding everyone focus on this point system or else they'll refuse to cooperate.
nobody is refusing to compromise. unless in your mind not agreeing with this current proposal is a complete refusal to compromise. that's really reaching
Old 12-30-2013, 11:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think they understand yet that point system will never be the majority either. People are going to have to meet in the middle. NO ONE is going to get EVERYTHING they want here.

I don't understand why people have such a hardon for this point system. Its still possible for most of the casual guilds to never see a VS, Trak, or CT kill ever again depending on the more hardcore guilds' mob priority. Especially if IB/FE ever decided to part ways amidst such a system. Also what stops players from hardcore guilds apping their lesser known alts into other guilds for additional chances at loot once their main guild is done cleaning out their priority targets? Stealin and Derubael were debating about core groups of raiders splintering off from guilds to game the system when all they really have to do is slip their alts into a guild like BDA/Taken/Divinity and invest their time in whichever guild is after the most targets on that player's personal priority list.

What if for example draco is on low priority for a lot of guilds and one guild in particular has made it one of their main focuses to get as many BCGs as possible. Why not just app a caster alt into that guild and try to score a BCG for my main eventually since my main guild isnt prioritizing that mob anymore?
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just as alterations to address those concerns began being discussed everyone started raging about how shitty they felt the proposal was and demanding everyone focus on this point system or else they'll refuse to cooperate.
I have not been doing this, and I think any thread in server chat was doomed to failure regardless.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll tell you what, give me a limited access GM account and I'll police 80% of the raids for Rogean/Sirken.

I have the free time again for the next few months, more than enough to get the new system rolling, and when I see it take place I'll forward it to Sirken.

After shady people like Happyfeet are banned on all his shady ass mains/alts, we can finally move forward with the non raid rule circumventing shitbags.
Wow, who have you become? I was giving a good example of how to get around that shitbag idea and you call me shady? Go back to RNF Stealin. It's a terrible plan with no way to implement it. Call me whatever you want, but I can read a bad idea when I see one paaaaaaal.