Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, proponent for a bag limit/point system. Read my thread. Its the most unbiased solution out there, which means only FE and TMO don't like it. It even has endorsement from members of IB.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=132779

while the point values are not set in stone. I highly support the overall idea and those that are not happy with this proposal should really give it a look.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Catherin- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im more in favor of this. points systems have been suggested and I think they are by far still the best ideas. Everyone that wants "competition" still gets it. And the smaller guilds don't get ground into the dirt.
Agreed. Trying to fix this piece of crap proposal is a waste of time. Support a point system that encourages competition but more evenly distributes raid targets.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you seriously believe IB or FE would approve of the other breaking the rules JUST because of the raiding relationship theyve had then I think you should probably re-tag to Tinfoil Hats.
I pointed out a gap in the system that could be abused. As you pointed out, it could be abused by any two guilds. However, two guilds with a pre-existing relationship is a big red flag in my eyes.

You don't have to agree with me, but it's hardly paranoia.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yinikren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't want a gamed system that hands you guys mobs 3/4 of the time. That's not an improvement over the shit we've dealt with the last two years .

One week on, one week off makes this system bearable. Variance still screws people each week.
And the hardcores do not want a system that allocates an equal amount of kills to the groups that are less willing to spend more effort.

The hardcores need to respect that casuals have a reasonable expectation to participate in the end game. The casuals need to respect the dedication and effort of the hardcores.

One week of uncontested raiding is roughly a quarter of spawns in a month. Many are suggesting a 50/50 division (week on week off). This affords casuals the chance to participate, but it does NOTHING to respect the effort and dedication of the hardcore. We have already established that a 100/0 split of hardcore-casual has the opposite problem.

A 75/25 split respects casuals and affords them a meaningful chance to participate in the end game, and it respects the dedication and effort of the hardcore.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Again, proponent for a bag limit/point system. Read my thread. Its the most unbiased solution out there, which means only FE and TMO don't like it. It even has endorsement from members of IB.
It's much less vulnerable to manipulation than this deceptively titled "official" proposal, too.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And the hardcores do not want a system that allocates an equal amount of kills to the groups that are less willing to spend more effort.

The hardcores need to respect that casuals have a reasonable expectation to participate in the end game. The casuals need to respect the dedication and effort of the hardcores.

One week of uncontested raiding is roughly a quarter of spawns in a month. Many are suggesting a 50/50 division (week on week off). This affords casuals the chance to participate, but it does NOTHING to respect the effort and dedication of the hardcore. We have already established that a 100/0 split of hardcore-casual has the opposite problem.

A 75/25 split respects casuals and affords them a meaningful chance to participate in the end game, and it respects the dedication and effort of the hardcore.
Except you're still raiding the other 25% of the time on the top tier content for the expansion. You already earn what you work for by having access to VP/Trak/VS.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's much less vulnerable to manipulation than this deceptively titled "official" proposal, too.
What is open to manipulation when there are 6 guilds overseeing the actions of each other...? And, there is nothing deceptive about the title;

pro•pos•al (prəˈpoʊ zəl)

n.
1. the act of offering or suggesting something for acceptance, adoption, or performance.
2. a plan or scheme proposed.
3. an offer of marriage.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

1. The whole VP thing just screams 'DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH PD WITH THOSE 6 KEYS PER WEEK'.

2. Camping out alts is a far bigger problem than poopsocking, which doesn't happen much in the days of extended variance.

3. Talendor barely drops better gear than Ragefire, and Gorenaire probably drops worse. Maestro drops almost nothing. So you guys are giving up almost no pixels other than the first week - one BCG from the 3 dracoliches that would have popped.

It's not a terrible arrangement, but it would surprise me a great deal if anyone other than you guys agrees to it. Divinity has a much more logical plan imo: 50% carebear rotation, 50% hardcore . . . whatever it is you guys do.

Sorry, not signed. But I'm not sure you need me anyway.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but it does NOTHING to respect the effort and dedication of the hardcore.
On the contrary, the effort and dedication of the hardcore has been respected for over two years now.

As has been asked several times: What more can you possibly need? If it's a matter of newer members needing gear, start trading some of that plat/equip/mq's from the guild bank and make deals for what you need off the non-VP stuff with the casuals that have been shut out because of the extremes a small percentage of the playerbase has taken the raid scene over the last two years.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 12-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp_SmokinPurp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. Hope some things are changed but it is sounding good. I believe it should be a VP kill not attempt. Also they have added Inny it looks like to the list of freebies? So theres another good step for the casuals. Hands off 7 days on all mobs for sure. Maybe even throw in 1 free VP dragon each month? they could push for that too. That is a hell of a proposal and a big compromise from before.
FULL blown rotation is not going to happen people, please be reasonable.
Nobody has been asking for a full on rotation, are you dense?
Closed Thread