Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're saying the Hooded Black Cloak I camp with a single toon and no competition for FTE every 22 minutes the PH/Dhampyre spawns like clockwork for the time period that I choose to play for the evening is the same effort as camping out 15+ toons for a mob that spawns in a 96+ hour window, after which it spawns, at possibly sometime outside of my awake hours let alone my play hours, I'm still not guaranteed my time is rewarded because my guild might not even get FTE?

Yeah, okay, we'll agree to disagree on that one.
I think it's exactly the same effort for the single tracker involved, yes. Even less effort actually as you don't have to kill a PH. Often I track with only a tiny portion of my screen visible.

Camping toons is a different issue. There are plenty of mobs that can be mobilized for without parking. Fay, Gore (long pulls and setups give people time to port there). WC caps for anything in Hate. Only need like 5 people camped at the fear portal for draco fte, anyone else can potion or port over in time. I think you overestimate what it takes to get fte and kill things right now. For most things, the only thing that needs to be super fast is the pull.

I must have missed the part where Rogean said tracking and parking are unacceptable.
Last edited by Hitpoint; 12-30-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 12-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Banned

Any updates?
Old 12-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because poopsocking for days is ridiculous for essentially what boils down to Fastest Javelin in the West. The splinter group from BDA that formed FE didn't think it was ridiculous, and instead perpetuated this concept that keeps getting mistaken for competition, and which continues to drive the raid scene being a shitshow. Because after devoting that much time and waking up at 3am for kills when you have work at 0700... the stakes have escalated so extremely high that guilds doing this resort to trains, rules lawyering, stall tanking, whatever it takes to make sure that extreme amount of effort which you have created for yourselves gets rewarded with pixels.

Rogean and the rest of the server feel that these extremes are what makes the server miserable and need to be changed... yet you're here chastising a guild for taking a stand for the sanity of its members and not adding another 60-80 players to the identified problem?

So, yeah... that's why we don't make an attempt to intensify the already existing issues with the raid scene. The stakes would have been even higher and we would have gotten to this "enough is enough" point far sooner.
Trak and CT are never poopsocked...
Old 12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trak and CT are never poopsocked...
Depends on your definition of poopsocking.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think it's reasonable for adults in their upper 20s to lower 30s to 'compete' for mobs at the expense of real life, you're a loser. If you think that you being such a loser gives you license to deny the rest of the server a large portion of classic game content, you're a piece of shit ruining the server for everyone.
I would add, if you are so invested it irks you that your guild can't compete with no-life losers on a 15 year old elf simulator for end game content.....

you know the rest.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Current rules > Care bear policy.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting FTE on a mob and pulling it across a zone to a raid force that isn't even in the zone yet is shady as fuck IMO. Reminds me of when a single FE/IB got FTE on Draco with a full BDA raid force in zone. Just wrong.
Join FE and get FTE!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing I don't really understand about the plan for any possible rotation is how do you determine which guilds get a spot? how many spots? the most desirable spot? etc...

In velious it is a lot easier to weed out the guilds that can't do certain content...in kunark and classic, a guild of moderately well geared 20 people or less that know how to play EQ can take out most 32k dragons.

Does that mean that every guild that fields a semi-reasonable force will get a shot at the mob? What is the formula for determining it?

There are many "capable" but up until now way too casual guilds to get in on the raid game...if there are rotations they would probably be looking to move into that area of p99 that they have been avoiding so far.

I'm curious to see how you can fairly handle situations like that if p99 moves into a rotation agreement for most kunark mobs.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting FTE on a mob and pulling it across a zone to a raid force that isn't even in the zone yet is shady as fuck IMO. Reminds me of when a single FE/IB got FTE on Draco with a full BDA raid force in zone. Just wrong.
Those are the rules on the server though, and they can benefit anyone who uses them. BDA can do the same thing to us if we're in fear. And that kind of pull has it's downside too. Draco is easy enough. But if you pull talendor or sev to your kill spot and not enough people are logged in or mobilized there. You're going to wipe, and the other guild can take their time and get a free kill. It happens.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Sarnak

If you wanted uncontested raid mobs, why play here? When was there ever a notion that raid mobs here would be uncontested?

There are plenty of other EMU servers you guys can do your 'low numbers dragon kills'. Why does it have to be here when its always been clear from the start that 'there will be competition for dragons'?
Closed Thread