Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

nice post. i would like to see more like this, especially for ranger.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

So the items kunark shaman can invest in, knowing they'll retain value in velious, are:
Spear of Fate (if you're buying MQ, it'll still be worth it)
Sarnak Battle Shield
Djarn's Amethyst Ring
Hierophant's Cloak
Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings

Is that accurate?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the items kunark shaman can invest in, knowing they'll retain value in velious, are:
Spear of Fate (if you're buying MQ, it'll still be worth it)
Sarnak Battle Shield
Djarn's Amethyst Ring
Hierophant's Cloak
Black Sapphire Electrum Earrings

Is that accurate?
I would say this is very accurate. Add JBB, although many will scream, "But its cold damage." It is still useful and will retain a good amount of value. SBS Will be supplanted by Lodi Shield, or fill in back slot for those without Hiero-cloak, so expect a bit of a value drop there. Maybe it didn't need to be said, but Fungi tunic will also retain its value for most shaman. Not everyone will get Vindi BP right away.
Last edited by BlkCamel; 12-30-2013 at 02:46 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1 to this thread
Seriously. My boner is about 3/4 mast. Fuckin A, stoked finally a constructive post towards the future of p99... and about my class?

Dear OP
I <3 u
Old 12-30-2013, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Nobody really needs to wait for someone else to do a post for their class. You can go to the equipment page of the wiki and filter by all eras (or just velious) and start sorting by your preferred stats until you see stuff you like. If the zone an item comes from is ToV or requires tormax head or crap like that, you can call it a wish list item but not something that you'll probably get unless you're raiding hardcore, and bam. Velious gear list.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Sarnak

Write one for every class please. That was a fun read.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say this is very accurate. Add JBB, although many will scream, "But its cold damage." It is still useful and will retain a good amount of value. SBS Will be supplanted by Lodi Shield, or fill in back slot for those without Hiero-cloak, so expect a bit of a value drop there. Maybe it didn't need to be said, but Fungi tunic will also retain its value for most shaman. Not everyone will get Vindi BP right away.
a) JBB is completely valid in Velious. I didn't remember any sort of change of resist rates going from Kunark to Velious. In fact, there are a lot of mobs where cold is the easiest spell to land (AoW immediately comes to mind).

b) Don't use Lodi shield as a shaman unless you really need the resists for a praticular encounter.

b) Fungi will always primarily be a twink item. Its value will probably keep rising. Less people will be camping king, and more people will be making hybrid alts once the exp penalties are removed.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but for that to be relevant you would have had to have made the mistake of making an Iksar shaman.
Great post overall, but did you really have to be jerk here and be offensive to people who like to play Iksar for whatever reason? It was uncalled for and made me feel bitter about your otherwise excellent post. It is so ignorant in so many ways im not even gonna try to argue my points here.... if you dont have anything good to say about Iksar shaman, maybe you should just shut up.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I mean... Vindi BP is nice and all.

But for most soloing/grouping wouldn't 13 regen trump the 150~ HP / 15 sv All that Vindi brings. In a raid setting against AEs, definitely Vindi. Or soloing very challenging mobs that hit hard. But beyond that, I'd think Fungi would be bis because of how much FT it brings due to Canni4.

You're talking:

150~ HP for 80~ Mana

15 regen = 10 ticks to regain 150 HP = 80 free mana per 10 ticks = 8 FT
2 regen = 75 ticks to regain 150 HP = 80 free mana per 75 ticks = 1~ FT

Meaning to me Fungi gives you 7FT that Vindi doesn't.

Sell me on why it is so godly compared to Fungi beyond resist swap and tanking very hard stuff. For general trash/group/root rot.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great post overall, but did you really have to be jerk here and be offensive to people who like to play Iksar for whatever reason? It was uncalled for and made me feel bitter about your otherwise excellent post. It is so ignorant in so many ways im not even gonna try to argue my points here.... if you dont have anything good to say about Iksar shaman, maybe you should just shut up.
Are you accusing me of being EQ-racist?

Anyways, it was just a joke. But I highly recommend against playing an Iksar shaman. Stats aren't very good and you lose out on too many good clickies.