Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Don't do it! It's terrible. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 08-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

There is no shortage of new players just starting out as well as veterans of the server rolling alts. Sure, you will come across many twinks in groups but that just means they will be passing up on loots.

Some of the nicer players give away free gear on a regular basis. Kunark will (tenatively) be released some time this fall and there will be a swarm of low level Iksar alts on launch day, not to mention all of the new places to level that are conducive to groups and solo players.

There are no AA's on this server so it's not like you can't catch up. I think that's the biggest draw to a classic server like this one. The level cap is 50 for at least 3 mote months and then the cap will stay at 60 for for the next 2 years (possibly for the duration of the server).

You really have all the time in the world to enjoy the game any way you want to, be it doing all the quests you skipped back in the day or joining a raiding guild (there is no shortage of them). Tradeskills are still in their infancy as well and you still have time to catch up to the curve before new recipies are released if that's your thing.

Short answer: Yes, worth signing up at this point.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As of August 23, 2010.

I am considering signing up, pretty casual player...

Will I find myself alone at this point? Even classic EQ won't be much fun all alone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems every level range is cramped with players that want to group together, all over Norrath. This has been alot of fun so far for me as a warrior, I've not found it hard being a class that cannot solo because there are simply so many people to hunt with! Come on and join the fun!