Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Being a AMD fan this is what i would do you your 2nd build being someone who likes to save money:

Switch CPU to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819113291
saves you 100$

Switch Video card to: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150641
saves you 200$ ( I bought 2x of the 1GB models of these over blackfriday for a mining machine i'm building so can let you know in a few weeks how they holding up.)

Can use: http://www.overclock.net/t/502403/gr...-updated-daily
to checkout video card rankings.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Are there any specific reasons you are an AMD fan? Or is it just what you have always used?

I don't have a preference really, since this is the first time I've had a choice.
Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Well have been building PC's for over 10 years now and AMD usually were always cheaper so i went with them and i have never had any issues with over 20 builds i've done so really no reason to switch from them now. Intels are nice in the laptops ive had but for building personally just have always gone with AMD for the price.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well have been building PC's for over 10 years now and AMD usually were always cheaper so i went with them and i have never had any issues with over 20 builds i've done so really no reason to switch from them now. Intels are nice in the laptops ive had but for building personally just have always gone with AMD for the price.
qft
Old 12-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's talk about AMDs with 6-8 cores having a harder time running older games (EQ for example) than, say, the intel i5. Have you noticed any such thing between your built PCs with AMDs and your Intel Laptops (assuming you have "older" games loaded on both)?
Old 12-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Well i dont have any 6-8 core CPU's but never had a issue with playing any game(EQ,WoW,Aion,Rift,Diablo 2, Guildwars 1+2) on my AMD's. Some games take alittle tweaking but nothing someone who can build their own PC can't handle. I've also had the same games loaded on whatever laptop i was using at the time which all my laptops have had intel CPU's and never really noticed a huge difference.
Last edited by Thulack; 12-08-2013 at 01:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's talk about AMDs with 6-8 cores having a harder time running older games (EQ for example) than, say, the intel i5. Have you noticed any such thing between your built PCs with AMDs and your Intel Laptops (assuming you have "older" games loaded on both)?
My main machine (this one) runs an AMD hexcore and I have had no issues running eq1. The multicore issue can happen with any cpu. Just use winEQ or whatever it is that locks it to one core.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Sarnak

I personally stick with ASUS boards since thier compatability i believe has been the best for awhile now~
Closed Thread