Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedbonker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards can't FD.
I did this with a monk that I two-boxed.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to KnuckleSangwich Send a message via AIM to KnuckleSangwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoqq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live I followed a guy once while invis, I was just playing arround, pretending to be stealth and shit...

Then I saw him hide in a weird corner somewhere, and camp out, before he logged, he dropped some bags.

I snatched em up. Ive felt guilty since [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow...
Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Kobold

Well, I didn't do much wrong, but some guy definitely is going to hell for screwing with me in my first days of EQ.

I was level 5 in Freeport and he told me he could get me to level 17 easily. He had me follow him to WC and said "Go hit that wisp once, stop attacking and then hit it again." Well, needless to say I died quickly and the guy was standing there emoting laughter.

He should be posting here.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by krforrester [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I didn't do much wrong, but some guy definitely is going to hell for screwing with me in my first days of EQ.

I was level 5 in Freeport and he told me he could get me to level 17 easily. He had me follow him to WC and said "Go hit that wisp once, stop attacking and then hit it again." Well, needless to say I died quickly and the guy was standing there emoting laughter.

He should be posting here.
Good thing it wasnt a bind loop.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

A couple times I would go to oasis and pull the specs to the docks.
I used invis after I got agro... so almost none of the players could see me.

I would then run the specs around and train people. A lot of time, the noobs would think it was GM event because the specs would be searching for them (using track).
Old 08-21-2010, 03:40 AM
Fire Giant

I think this story puts all the rest to shame...

When I was about 14 I had a raging EQ addiction. There was this level 51 Necro who I had met somehow and I noticed how he was super emo over female characters. I had zero gear at this point. I think my highest character was like a 20 Necro or something. I created a female dark elf and coordinated a chance encounter with this guy. He would help PL me some, etc for a day of playing or so and then he cybered me (yep) and at the end when he was logging I asked if I could use his character to farm some stuff. So, he agreed and told me how he loved me and all this stuff.

Now that's pretty bad already but now it gets really fucked up. I immediately stripped every single item off his account and put it on my account. Then I sent tells to people who had level 20-30 characters I wanted (decided on warrior) asking if they wanted to trade accounts with me in exchange for some sweet gear I'd leave on the account. They got gear and had to start at level 1 again and I got a level 25 warrior or whatever and 95% of the gear I'd taken. I don't remember how we worked it out but everything went smoothly. We traded accounts and I had almost all the gear still and a new higher level character.

The next day I got a tell from him that he was banned for hacking the other guys account and stealing all his gear. They did an item reimbursement for the guy I'd stolen everything from, deleted my original account, and I got to keep the new account with all the duplicated gear. I have no idea how the fuck this ended up happening but I guess they thought I took his shit then gave it away to some random newb. I had sold a LOT of the gear as it was caster items and I wanted melee stuff so to undo all the trades, items, etc would be a big headache.

tl;dr I cybered some guy, stole his account and gear, traded that account to some poor innocent, and made away with their account and most of the gear while they took the ban.

You know, in retrospect I ended up meeting this 15 year old girl who lived 1 hour away from me while playing some level 14 cleric on that account I had traded for. We actually met PvPing against each other and I used DA to med up and gate when I got my ass kicked. I used my new found "leet gear" to impress her and ended up eventually meeting her in person and losing my virginity to her. She was super hot as well although more than a bit psychotic which is another story.

Oh and the original level 51 Necros name was Taldayen? On Vallon/Tallon Zek I forget which. He was a pretty popular guy I bet some people here might know him.
Last edited by azxten; 08-21-2010 at 03:44 AM..
Old 08-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Banned

I wouldn't say it was the worst but I did Charm bug a lot of Sullon Zek was hated a lot etc

I deleveled a few people and had the wrath of whole guilds come down on me and got Corpse camped massively.

But as soon as the dust settled I'd do it again!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridikulus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In 2008 they had a two month long GM event where they populated Blackburrow and Lower Guk with level 80 monsters and droppable twink gear that was worth millions. Basically in June Lower Guk was revamped, and in July Blackburrow.

I single handedly ruined the event for everyone that wasn't in my little casual guild that I ran.

Recently having become unemployed, I spent every waking hour in each of the zones boxing my bard main, and few friend's characters namely a berserker, cleric, and warrior.

The craziest part ? I wasn't actually breaking any rules or training anyone. Even though I had thousands of petitions against me and everyone was claiming I was killing them or hacking in order to get their named.

I even had GMs come in and talk to me about all the petitions they were receiving. They couldn't do anything to me.

I simply had every single camp on a timer, and was able to invis to specific locations which allowed me to pull all the named in the zone from any camp. The GM told me I was pretty much out playing people and there was nothing he could do.

I had people training me all day and using warp hacks on me in order to not die from their own trains. It was hilarious because those were the exact things people were claiming that I was doing in order to get their named. The GMs were watching me and knew the truth, however.

After the events were over, the backlash was fucking insane. I'm still the most hated person on the entire server, to this day.

The rumors and lies about me got so out of hand that I couldn't even walk into a zone without people shouting to CLEAR THE WAY JERI IS ABOUT TO TRAIN EVERYONE.

Every single person who grouped with me or was my friend was blacklisted and harassed for YEARS. Also, every single person associated with me in any way was accused of being my alt.

Now I'm willing to admit, that ruining the GM event that Summer was pretty whack. But it's not like I kept the gear all to myself, I geared out all of my friends and guildees with it, barely making any profit. I mean, the people trying to camp it were basically going to do the same thing with the gear, right ? I was just taking care of my own, because I could. That whole event was comprised of people who already had better gear, fighting over twink gear like a pack of wild dogs. I just happened to be the giant mutant hyena in the center.

The backlash became so outlandish, that I was forced to abandon the bard entirely even though it was max AA and nicely geared. So I gave it away and started a new bard from scratch.

I then started a new guild where I would help people all day and powerlevel them. This went well for about a year until someone on the inside ratted me out and now my new identity was compromised. People left my guild in droves for fear of being associated with me, and I lost heart and quit live.

The hundreds of friends that I had made over the years, the years of glory I had in the server's top guild as their main puller, probably the best puller/bard Brotherhood of the Spider ever had. The thousands of players I've helped over the years, a legendary reputation dating all the way back to 2001. None of that mattered anymore because of what I did that Summer. They even rewrote the history of my original bard, (he was originally banned for a bad surname) saying that he was banned for hacking/training. I was now considered lower than trash. Even the people who defended me were just accused of being my alts and ignored.

It's really amazing, the power of rumor and slander. Everquest is just like a highschool.

You can log into the Rathe server right now and people will still be cursing my name in general chat (Jeri), almost paranoid that I'm still lurking in the shadows to ruin their day.

I get stopped at least once or twice a week on this server by people asking me "If I'm that guy from the Rathe".
Haha thankfully the majority of people I've met here quit playing live before my little incident, and only remember me for my time in BotS.
Soo ahh I was on Rathe too..you were in Bots..did you ever meet a player named Kainzo?
Old 08-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soo ahh I was on Rathe too..you were in Bots..did you ever meet a player named Kainzo?
Kainzo? Didnt you steal a Cobalt BP?
Old 08-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Sarnak

A lot of these seem to be PvP mishaps. Are PvP people more evil?
Closed Thread