Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure I'm reading it correctly, but if someone really did go to sell and wasn't there for a few spawns I would probably give them the camp back out of courtesy (if I thought they were actually there).
Someone left the camp.

Left. The. Camp.

That's pretty much the be-all, end-all. If I set up at an empty NG for some soloing and someone shows up laying claim to the camp because they were "just there" and "only went to OT to sell", how am I supposed to verify this?

Being nice is one thing. Handing stuff over at the first sign of conflict is setting oneself up for a nice, long career in being a victim.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Just gotta be more smart about stealing camps... A classy VexD couple last night joined our duo in Unrest basement so we moved to Kedge for more challenge... my friend dies and they immediately leave Kedge back to Unrest basement taking our old camp while we CR in Kedge. Now that's how you steal a camp.
Last edited by Bill Tetley; 11-15-2013 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-15-2013, 01:02 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard was a douche. I have no problem with public shaming on forums, but the preferable way to handle it would be to contact Sumpremacy leadership and have them take care of it.

If they condone his behavior, then it's time for the public shaming.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't believe people act like this. We're all adults here. Apparently playing EQ for over a decade has left some players without basic social skills
New here? ;p
Old 11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone left the camp.

Left. The. Camp.

That's pretty much the be-all, end-all. If I set up at an empty NG for some soloing and someone shows up laying claim to the camp because they were "just there" and "only went to OT to sell", how am I supposed to verify this?

Being nice is one thing. Handing stuff over at the first sign of conflict is setting oneself up for a nice, long career in being a victim.
Yeah like I said, if I thought the person was actually there before me and just went to sell, I'd just give them the camp back.

If someone was in FM, left the zone, and went to OT to sell, then sure that's different.

Not saying he didn't have the right to the camp according to the server rules. If you leave the camp, it's forfeit of course. But if the guy just came back and was a dick then yeah, fuck em.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is now a parody of the issue.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

I agree with what someone else said: if he asked nicely i would have given it back. But since he was a total doucher, you did the right thing. I have to say though, I grouped with a bunch of supremecy players last night and they were top-notch solid folk. 10/10 would group again for sure. So dragging their guild tag into this without any communication with their leadership really does misrepresent them as a whole. Either way, I hope you dont get discouraged from this encounter!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

supremecy is the ugly chick that fucks anything it can
Old 11-15-2013, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah like I said, if I thought the person was actually there before me and just went to sell, I'd just give them the camp back.

If someone was in FM, left the zone, and went to OT to sell, then sure that's different.

Not saying he didn't have the right to the camp according to the server rules. If you leave the camp, it's forfeit of course. But if the guy just came back and was a dick then yeah, fuck em.
Fair enough. You're nicer than I am - my PNP attitude about camps on this server has degraded to the point where I'm disinclined to acquiesce to anyone's request to hand over my camp.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Aviak

This is an issue of kill stealing one mob.

Sk was FTE and Wizard then root nuked it. You don't need logs or screenshots to justify this to me!

Everyone knows the group with the wizard is the exp group! Even when it's not!

There is always another side to the story, but I don't see the wizard defending himself here.

OP was venting. Much better than going on a killing spree at the local Walmart. Not as interesting tho!

PS: I had that camp once a few months ago, but when I came back today the OP was there stealing my camp!

11-22-99 to 11-03-04
Torvonillous
Closed Thread