Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Banned

I'm a bit confused on why variance would not add a bit more competition and have formulated my thoughts below. I'm not pushing for either as I am not educated enough to have as solid opinion but would pose this question.

It seems to me that comparing the blue server to the red server is a bit erroneous when it comes to the initial subject of this post.

In the instance of a server repop if a guild has 2-3X more players than the next competing guild there is going to be a low motivation for the smaller guilds to log on and even attempt. If you know that 50 members of the opposing guild will be on raiding under organized leadership that is 99% sure to get any raid objective they set, and will possibly just wipe your guild on whatever you are trying to kill because they can....you very well may not pay much attention to a bat phone......

Although the above paragraph seem to be what this thread has degraded into talking about, variance in itself seems like it would function differently on a pvp server than a blue server. You are still going to have the dominant server getting more people online for raid mobs faster most of the time, but the difference is the opposing smaller guilds cant stall you with pvp.... and maybe sometimes the members of the top raiding guilds wont be able to log in with the mass of players they usually can and maybe it will give the other guilds a slight chance to get the target. More of a chance than they would have with 50 people knowing exactly when the raid mob is going to spawn, which is essentially 0.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Banned

And it's actually on a few of those derps bitching on the forums. The rest are content to patiently solo and wait for their Nihilum apps.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and maybe sometimes the members of the top raiding guilds wont be able to log in with the mass of players they usually can and maybe it will give the other guilds a slight chance to get the target. More of a chance than they would have with 50 people knowing exactly when the raid mob is going to spawn, which is essentially 0.
If they have trouble logging in 20 people when the downtime was known for weeks you must assume they would not be able to log in 20 at a moments notice when say VS spawns.

However if the 50 person crew could log in 1/2 their normal numbers it would be 25 vs 10 and the big guild would still get the mob.

The difference is the required time to track etc goes WAY up and makes the server less fun for everyone.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because the red server shits on all star players like me who would otherwise enjoy pvp. And the only people left are retarded scum or established RmTers in the opposition.
which one am i? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mouth chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which one am i? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your neither. You A. do no contest dragons. B. do what you do and enjoy it. C. your a pal to the true box pvp newbz who just aint got no love. D. you don't come on here and QQ about dragons.

I didn't leave red cause of FoH, or you chewie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your like the only hero left on the damn box. Everyone else is going to burn out from pixel lust or join nihilum.

There's just not enough FoH to merit mention lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No offense though, your good at pvp. But not an all star. Rookie Chewie, loved rookie though. I seen big plays in my days. Don't worry about making them or you will just end up like me.

I don't think the server will ever turn around as long as people with dreams of big plays only have 2 options. Everyone else is where they want to be. And no one is really looking for change.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 11-13-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned

cant even talk to you cause you just keep editing your post every 5 mins
Last edited by big mouth chew; 11-13-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

how many of you guys have played on Blue?

on Blue, Variance just makes it *easier* for the top guild to keep the raid mobs locked down. variance requires 24/7 tracking 4-5 days a week. being able to always field a tracker (shittiest job in the guild) for each raid target requires having a huge roster.

if the smaller guilds can't compete even when they know the respawn time a week ahead of time and can plan ahead, what makes you think they'll be able to compete against 4 AM batphones?

the grass is not always greener on the other side
Old 11-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they have trouble logging in 20 people when the downtime was known for weeks you must assume they would not be able to log in 20 at a moments notice when say VS spawns.

However if the 50 person crew could log in 1/2 their normal numbers it would be 25 vs 10 and the big guild would still get the mob.

The difference is the required time to track etc goes WAY up and makes the server less fun for everyone.

I agree with this at the current state of the server. But I have seen it fluctuate quite a bit in the past few months....however it always ends up back in the same state...and I do agree with many of the posts as to why.... but I digress.

There was a time when Az/Force/Classic may have had a chance to batphone and get enough people on to contest, but simply could not match Nihi when it came to actual raid days. I know a lot of people quit or took a break then came back and joined Nihi due to the "can't beat them join them mentality." It cannot be argued Nihi has the best leadership and coordination on the server but I just see it as giving others a chance against superior numbers all other things equal......which they aren't as discussed.

All that said, I have never played on blue to experience the true poop-sock of variance and can't speak to the fun to fairness ratio it would add to or decrease and will have to lean on the experienced players for insight.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mouth chew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fair nuff
i was taking the term 'opposition' personally because i am opposed

but yeah he's right, i actually have fun playing eq so theres a big difference
Jimmies almost rustled haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-13-2013, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a bit confused on why variance would not add a bit more competition and have formulated my thoughts below. I'm not pushing for either as I am not educated enough to have as solid opinion but would pose this question.

It seems to me that comparing the blue server to the red server is a bit erroneous when it comes to the initial subject of this post.

In the instance of a server repop if a guild has 2-3X more players than the next competing guild there is going to be a low motivation for the smaller guilds to log on and even attempt. If you know that 50 members of the opposing guild will be on raiding under organized leadership that is 99% sure to get any raid objective they set, and will possibly just wipe your guild on whatever you are trying to kill because they can....you very well may not pay much attention to a bat phone......

Although the above paragraph seem to be what this thread has degraded into talking about, variance in itself seems like it would function differently on a pvp server than a blue server. You are still going to have the dominant server getting more people online for raid mobs faster most of the time, but the difference is the opposing smaller guilds cant stall you with pvp.... and maybe sometimes the members of the top raiding guilds wont be able to log in with the mass of players they usually can and maybe it will give the other guilds a slight chance to get the target. More of a chance than they would have with 50 people knowing exactly when the raid mob is going to spawn, which is essentially 0.
Closed Thread