Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 PM
Aviak

Default Workout(bro protein111! 11111 steroids) thread!

What kind of routines are you guys on?

Typically I've been doing crossfit workout of the days a bit after I wake up, and a variety of interval cardio work outs about 3 hours before I get ready for bed. Cardio typically involves 3-5 mile jogs, sprinting every second light poll, pushups every third. Fire academy requires a lot of cardio, and a lot of explosive energy =/.

On days I don't want to do crossfit I'll just do a kettlebell routine(Ironcore ftw - who doesn't like being called a sissy every 5 minutes, right comrades?)

Been on this routine for about three months going from a biking/running routine and seeing huge improvements in my cardio and overall strength.

I don't take any supplements, been sticking to a paleo diet for the past month or so(and it makes a huge fucking difference.)

Anyone else a workout nerd? Criticize me, gimme input, whatever.

If anyone else has been through fire academy gimme some tips. The entrance exam was easy, finished with plenty of time before I started my new routine, everyone says CPAT is a lot harder.

inb4 trolls, etc~
Old 08-15-2010, 12:18 AM
Aviak

I worked for LAFD in California for 2 years before moving to Illinois and taking a job with a Fire department out here.

After having taken the CPAT 3 times in order to maintain it during hiring processes I can tell you the way your training should be more than fine for being able to pass it. Its mostly cardio. 10 events with the most difficult event being the stair master, which you have to do for 3 and a half minutes wearing 75 pounds of weighted vest. I think the setting is set to 1 stair every second. So practicing on the stair master at your gym is a great way to get ready for it. I think the last time I passed it my time was 7 mins 46 seconds your allowed 10 mins 15 seconds if i remember right.

Also, with all the cardio and calorie burning workouts your doing you might want to consider taking Glutamine. Its a powder that helps your muscles recover quicker and slows the lactic acid buildup caused from muscle stress.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Fire Giant

No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Old 08-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

p90x here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p90x here
Agreed
Old 08-15-2010, 03:35 AM
Aviak

I hit the gym and do conventional weight training stuff, some runs, pushups and situps for Army APFT tests.

This semester in addition to an hour and a half a day in the gym, which I really enjoy, I'll be doing organized PT 3 days a week and riding my bike around 70 miles mon-friday.

I figure I'll be in good shape, I usually am anyways.

EQ kind of gets in the way of good fitness routines for me, when you get glued to your chair it's tough to eat those meals, drink those shakes, and just basically move around.

I HATE walking into the gym after sitting on the computer for a few hours gaming. I generally don't play until the evening anymore.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Kobold

3-4 days each week with floorball, weight lifting and some running. Swimming for the periods when Im injured (which was too many weeks last year including bruised ribs and feet problems). Creatine and caffeine before workout. Protein after [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Leif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3-4 days each week with floorball, weight lifting and some running. Swimming for the periods when Im injured (which was too many weeks last year including bruised ribs and feet problems). Creatine and caffeine before workout. Protein after [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you look around online there are a'lot of emerging energy drinks that are loaded with vitamin B instead of caffeine. And you'd be surprised how much of a surge of energy it gives you. This is what Ive picked up in the past, tastes really good for having no sugar in it.

http://www.xsblast.com/
Old 08-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
\10 events with the most difficult event being the stair master, which you have to do for 3 and a half minutes wearing 75 pounds of weighted vest. I think the setting is set to 1 stair every second. So practicing on the stair master at your gym is a great way to get ready for it. I think the last time I passed it my time was 7 mins 46 seconds your allowed 10 mins 15 seconds if i remember right.
Ah, I have a weight vest that I've been meaning to schedule in times to run up and down staircases at a building downtown here as well. I don't have a gym membership because 90% of a gym is a waste of money for me. Lifting machines don't do anything, I have all the free weights I need, and I can do cardio outside on my own. Only reason I'd get one is for a stairmaster =/.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellika [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, with all the cardio and calorie burning workouts your doing you might want to consider taking Glutamine. Its a powder that helps your muscles recover quicker and slows the lactic acid buildup caused from muscle stress.
I'll look into it, thanks for the tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hit the gym and do conventional weight training stuff, some runs, pushups and situps for Army APFT tests.

This semester in addition to an hour and a half a day in the gym, which I really enjoy, I'll be doing organized PT 3 days a week and riding my bike around 70 miles mon-friday.

I figure I'll be in good shape, I usually am anyways.

EQ kind of gets in the way of good fitness routines for me, when you get glued to your chair it's tough to eat those meals, drink those shakes, and just basically move around.

I HATE walking into the gym after sitting on the computer for a few hours gaming. I generally don't play until the evening anymore.

I suggest looking into Crossfit if you're strapped on time. It's a little difficult to start because of all the different workouts/some equipment you need, but after that it can all be done from home, and it's typically one of the hardest full body workouts I've ever done, and leaves plenty of time for EQ :P

I'm also very anti-gym though. For the 30-60 dollars a month most cost in the first 5 months you can buy pretty much a full set of decent equipment and never need to go to a gym again.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

I have a dutch Shepherd, an endurance herding dog. As my workout partner I force myself to keep up with him on runs and hikes 3+ miles in duration. He has become my primary motivation to get healthy and fit again and im grateful for that opportunity.

What I really need to work on is a proper affordable diet and move myself away from these fatty foods all too common in markets, I have a migh metabolism so i never put on any significant weight but I know it still harms me in non visual ways (like my heart, endurance, etc).