Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Kobold

I can't this thing to work no matter what I try. I tried the patch using my discs for vanilla and the patch won't run. I tried the download of the rebirth site and it keeps giving me errors. About to throw in the towel at this point.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Banned

Step 1: Download the "Vanilla" client from https://www.wow-one.com/guide/
Step 2: Change the realmlist in the realmlist.wtf file to set realmlist wow.therebirth.net
Step 3: Launch wow.exe.
Step 4: Enjoy
Old 09-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having done a bunch of quests now I have to say Rebirth is far less buggy, the population isn't sky high but having a levelling guild in progress on both Horde and Alliance is going to guarantee some battlegrounds (which rarely pop on ED sub 60).
What's your name in game Swish? I started a warlock over on Alliance. Doing the whole human leveling route is super boring, need some people to chat with.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 09-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's your name in game Swish? I started a warlock over on Alliance. Doing the whole human leveling route is super boring, need some people to chat with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swish
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Yeah the night elf route isn't much more fun to be honest, I'd rather be around Westfall than Auberdine etc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2013, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 2: Change the realmlist in the realmlist.wtf file to set realmlist wow.therebirth.net
Kind of there, you'll need to make a login account on the Rebirth site as well ^^
Old 09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost worked. Now it just black screens when I run wow.exe and goes unresponsive.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Sarnak

Never tried alliance, I might get involved if I can convince a friend or two to play. Would anyone be interested in starting a regularly scheduled group?

West coast preferred.

I have full vanilla (mc to end naxx40) prenerf raiding/gm/raid leader experience, but I'm complete newb to the alliance side of things
Old 09-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never tried alliance, I might get involved if I can convince a friend or two to play. Would anyone be interested in starting a regularly scheduled group?

West coast preferred.

I have full vanilla (mc to end naxx40) prenerf raiding/gm/raid leader experience, but I'm complete newb to the alliance side of things
Come to horde, bring friends, form a guild. I have a 60 there and I can help with starting money for spells / skills etc.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Played horde for too many years, so far past done with that ;p thanks though
Old 09-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Popped on there earlier and did an UBRS run. That's some nostalgia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, if people happen to have any latency issues, get the Leatrix Latency fix. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html I'm not sure if it is my overseas connection, but I was having latency issues and that fixed it right up.