Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Banned

I wish that screenshot I linked a bit back had him try the turn in as a lvl 60 with indifferent faction instead of apprehensive :P
Old 09-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

I was relatively at the forefront of the Rogue epic quest as we were all figuring it out. I do vaguely remember other rogues (not yet 50) mentioning they couldn't get certain things turned in. The details are a blur now, but whether or not you could MQ around that, I'm not sure... because not everyone and their brother were trying to MQ newbs their epics like they're doing on P99.

I do remember the mechanics being intended to prevent anyone under 50 from getting the rogue 1.0
Old 09-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Skeleton

Verant didn't use foresight to think people would do "epic" quests, involving death touch mini-bosses in level restricted zones, for characters incapable of even entering the zones, so never applied level restrictions. Sort of like how they didn't anticipate shadow knights bind-rushing Lhranc in City of Mist.

Does P99 want to fix a design bug so that epics work as intended, or leave this "bug" since epics are working as designed? I'd love P99 to fix things Verant never got around to fixing, but I'm new here.

On a side note, I'm surprised the exp from 8th Coldain Ring and epic didn't ding that monk to level 2.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Verant didn't use foresight to think people would do "epic" quests, involving death touch mini-bosses in level restricted zones, for characters incapable of even entering the zones, so never applied level restrictions. Sort of like how they didn't anticipate shadow knights bind-rushing Lhranc in City of Mist.

Does P99 want to fix a design bug so that epics work as intended, or leave this "bug" since epics are working as designed? I'd love P99 to fix things Verant never got around to fixing, but I'm new here.

On a side note, I'm surprised the exp from 8th Coldain Ring and epic didn't ding that monk to level 2.
Something about a limit on quest exp to 11% of your current level. This was implemented recently on P99. Before then you could get a level 1 cleric to level 8 with the final epic turn ins.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Skeleton

That makes sense. They may have removed that from Live, or not added that restriction to the Quest system. I think you ding level 2 just by talking to the NPCs for the Kobold Skull Charm in the tutorial zone.