Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default MOB damage vs PC damage

I remember reading a while back that MOBS had an unusually high hit rate against tanks. Is this still the case? Is it worth it to play a Monk?
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Kobold

This is something I want to post about constantly, but as I do not have access to data from back in the day, I don't have backup for my complaints.

First, it's only worth rolling a monk if you understand that you will be forced to group for every single level you get from here to eternity on this server. You can not solo. Period.

Mobs lower level than you are just do much more damage than you can possibly dish out on average. A monk is weaker than a lower level mage pet. Whether its that the mobs hit too hard, or the damage interval calculation is done incorrectly, or our hit chances are done incorrectly, the fact of the matter is that melee are vastly weaker than casters and I may be wrong but I do not believe any melee can solo worth discussing. And bards are not melee for the purposes of this duscussion.

This may be how it was during classic. I did not play during the first expansion. But, by velious, it had changed somewhat as every monk on earth soloed to 60 if they wanted to.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Banned

Basically any mob you fight here, say it's a sonic bat hitting for 120, if you look it up on allakhazam you'll find posts saying max hit: 92 (or such).

I attacked a snake in innothule swamp that was yellow at 10 or so and it was hitting for 37...
Old 12-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarniwooop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is something I want to post about constantly, but as I do not have access to data from back in the day, I don't have backup for my complaints.

First, it's only worth rolling a monk if you understand that you will be forced to group for every single level you get from here to eternity on this server. You can not solo. Period.

Mobs lower level than you are just do much more damage than you can possibly dish out on average. A monk is weaker than a lower level mage pet. Whether its that the mobs hit too hard, or the damage interval calculation is done incorrectly, or our hit chances are done incorrectly, the fact of the matter is that melee are vastly weaker than casters and I may be wrong but I do not believe any melee can solo worth discussing. And bards are not melee for the purposes of this duscussion.

This may be how it was during classic. I did not play during the first expansion. But, by velious, it had changed somewhat as every monk on earth soloed to 60 if they wanted to.

Hehe this is so true. I did a wizard in Live, so wanted to do something different here, so figured a melee.

Man sitting around today for 10+ hours now LFG at 13. Tried to solo blues, and they would get me from 100% to 20% while I did about 25% dmg on them avg, forcing me to run. This would happen about 9 out of 10 tries. In the end just not worth it to try and solo end up dying more(Cant run) and losing exp(lost a yellow today so far). Maybe it gets better at 15 with double attack, and obivously 17 at FD(no more dying) but its pretty rough on such a small server(specially with moving continents to join a group and having to wait for a bind or be screwed).Guess its twink or wait for a group ;P

No wonder there are so many casters all off soloing away :P

Todays a day I wish i could 2box a healer :P

Edit: Just a question for those that have played a monk or melee. Is the miss rate supposed to be so bad? I've had more then one occasion today trying to solo that i would miss entire time, and by the time i landed my first punch, i'm down 30% health or more. Does this get better with more 1hb, h2h, etc skill?
Last edited by CInge; 12-23-2009 at 02:27 AM..
Old 12-23-2009, 08:44 AM
Large Rat

I have no problem soloing blues and sometimes whites with my Ranger (lvl 11).

Don't know if hybrids have had this problem though.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Once you get in the late teens things get better because classes are more defined and a few more key classes like clerics cannot solo easily and are forced to group. After that when you get 29+ ALL groups will have a druid or wizard willing to pick you up.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically any mob you fight here, say it's a sonic bat hitting for 120, if you look it up on allakhazam you'll find posts saying max hit: 92 (or such).

I attacked a snake in innothule swamp that was yellow at 10 or so and it was hitting for 37...
You sure it wasn't a giant snake?

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Closed Thread