Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a side note.. would newegg take a used motherboard (it's going to have thermal grease smeared on it at this point) on RMA as a refund so we could get a different board, or would I have to get RMA for just replacement?

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 AM
Kobold

You said you built it and shipped it to him. Have you tried reseating the video card ?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a side note.. would newegg take a used motherboard (it's going to have thermal grease smeared on it at this point) on RMA as a refund so we could get a different board, or would I have to get RMA for just replacement?
That item only has a Replacement warrenty on it through newegg. couldnt refund it even if you just opened it. And to previous post i would just get a replacement and hope for best. Not sure how the shipping is going to work between you guys though. That's alot of travel for stuff.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 AM
VIP / Contributor

I have major issues with my i7 with integrated/amd/ video card, with the nvida video card. Either I freeze, or I just bsod due to drivers not playing nice. I've been trying to figure out what to do for the past month, and dell isn't any help.

This integrated cpu/video processor fad is bullshit. If I would have known the issues it would cause I would never have gone this route.

As for newegg, I had sent back a used motherboard. I had it for a week, and had issues. I decided to skip RMA process and just returned it. Just clean it up and send it back. Some stuff is labeled not returnable by newegg. So you may or may not be able to go that way.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Project Manager

Things I would check:

-Power Supply
-[if kernelbase.dll is in your eventlog] Windows 7 related user profiles. (Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile?), java, etc.
-Motherboard
Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

The Asus version of that board just went on sale today on newegg:

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail...x-_-E0-_-Item&
Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly if I was able to get him a new board (and the current one refunded) I'd just get him the same one I have - Asus Sabertooth Z77

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-29-2013, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a long reply typed out, mainly yelling at Ghostface for thinking that googling everquest technical FAQ would be anything but insulting. This thread was for bouncing ideas off other advanced pc builders. I scrapped it though.

Anyways, I'm going to try a few things based on some posts in this thread, but still leaning towards a MB issue. I have a hard time thinking it's anything software related since we reinstalled the OS twice. The games themselves will install the runtimes.. and we're having freezing outside of games anyways. I guess I can't rule out that there's a particular driver fucking everything up?
For starters, posting links validating my suggestions is in no way 'googling fixes'.

Secondly, it's Ghostfaced, and if you can't get my name right, then I have no difficulty in assuming why you fucked up this build... no attention to detail.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to build a PC, have spare parts you can test with after you fuck it up. If you were such an advanced builder, you could figure it out on your own. Close the thread and learn to build shit right next time.

Here's a google that you yourself may want to try: Here
Old 08-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Its not a software issue, unless something is getting lost in the translation since he is trying to remotely troubleshoot it.

It is odd that is was working fine in your shop, but now it is not at the user's house. As someone mentioned, it is possible something got jostled loose. CPU would be nearly impossible to come loose. A video card could. It could also be related to bad power in the user's house if replacing the MB doesn't fix it.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:11 AM
Kobold

I had simliar issues with my Asus MB and had to flash the bios to fix it
Closed Thread