Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Most bards aren't very good at it...from what I can tell there are a handful of bards that have this down to a science and truly monopolize entire zones (DL, SK, OT, etc.).

Lots of the bards I see are just playing around with it to see if they can do it.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Orc

Here is what I encountered in Dreadlands. This swarm was ran over North Wall of Karnor and I had to FD because i was worried about social aggro. This bard named Water later pulled the swarm to SW of Karnor to the ice patch and killed it apparently PL'ing a rogue named Belal.

This is a constant interuption, hassle, annoyance from bards in every outdoor zone I go to for solo'ing. If I dont get a dungeon group, I'm forced here.

I know nothing will ever become of it. There are some bards that respect that others are trying to XP and take necessary precautions but there are some bards that dont GAS(give a sh$t) and pull on top of you like this bard did to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bard swarm.jpg (23.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM
Aviak

In this thread, nobody knows how agro works in P99.

If you want to discuss this, you need to define your terms. The use of the term "social agro" is used so many times in this thread and I havn't found one person that explains how it works.

Agro on p99 does not work the same as Live, and never has.

Go do some tests with a high and low lvl chars in EC. Do not group. Have the high lvl char agro Lord Shin Rae and run over the low lvl char, multiple times. Then go zone the agro on the high lvl char. Mix it up and have the low lvl fight some random mobs like a snake, or an orc pawn. Check your results.
Agdros - 52 Warrior
Saulty - 52 Bard
Gewie - 32 Rogue (new)
TMO
Old 08-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by agdros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this thread, nobody knows how agro works in P99.

If you want to discuss this, you need to define your terms. The use of the term "social agro" is used so many times in this thread and I havn't found one person that explains how it works.

Agro on p99 does not work the same as Live, and never has.

Go do some tests with a high and low lvl chars in EC. Do not group. Have the high lvl char agro Lord Shin Rae and run over the low lvl char, multiple times. Then go zone the agro on the high lvl char. Mix it up and have the low lvl fight some random mobs like a snake, or an orc pawn. Check your results.
the problem with the bard kiting (when the bard dies) isn't the social aggro described by others above. You are 100% right about this. The problem is that when the trained horde starts to wander back across the zone. So many times in DL that I've gotten jumped by mobs coming from behind me at nwall due to bard death/zoning.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Just heal the low HP kiter. Them folks won't be bothering you any more.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just heal the low HP kiter. Them folks won't be bothering you any more.
Sure it will insta-kill the damager, but then

(1) You will have hundreds of angry mobs after you
(2) You will either die or cause the problem of sending hundreds of mobs across the zone when you zone out, thereby becoming the bad guy

edit: regardless of what happens you will send tons of mobs across the zone
Old 08-27-2013, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure it will insta-kill the damager, but then

(1) You will have hundreds of angry mobs after you
(2) You will either die or cause the problem of sending hundreds of mobs across the zone when you zone out, thereby becoming the bad guy

edit: regardless of what happens you will send tons of mobs across the zone
What he said. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2013, 03:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glosk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is what I encountered in Dreadlands.
Hate to say it, but that's an impressive kite.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:21 AM
Sarnak

@OP QQ thread...

Bards primarily do their thing in just 3 zones. OT, DL and BW.

If you're so concerned about it try to adventure elsewhere...EQ is a huge world. If you're a class that can handle dungeons do that but maybe not since it will be much harder than pulling a single mob to a safe spot and a cpl bards roamin around.

inc next: QQ about social aggro, see invis, CR etc
Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@OP QQ thread...

Bards primarily do their thing in just 3 zones. OT, DL and BW.

If you're so concerned about it try to adventure elsewhere...EQ is a huge world. If you're a class that can handle dungeons do that but maybe not since it will be much harder than pulling a single mob to a safe spot and a cpl bards roamin around.

inc next: QQ about social aggro, see invis, CR etc
No, its more then 3 zones add loio, SK , NK, EK and a few more the main problem is that most bards are very bad at it and kill people.
Closed Thread