Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verterdegete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, guys. I've got a quick question. How do i take quests?

For example NPC says : ''Hey Vendis, would you please [fetch] something for me?''

How do i accept it?
Usually just asking the NPC a relevant question using the bracketed word works.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Aviak

Send a message via MSN to fwaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verterdegete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, guys. I've got a quick question. How do i take quests?

For example NPC says : ''Hey Vendis, would you please [fetch] something for me?''

How do i accept it?
In Say - fetch what?

Use normal language with the keyword in your response and that generally works.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Orc

Thanks people.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

or for the true classic experience, forget to remap auto attack and attack the lvl 50 quest-giving npc and get insta-gibbed.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrubius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More for the OP if you have never played EQ before...

Welcome aboard. The only rule is, have fun.

Turn in your guild note. Then explore; Hail the the various NPCs and follow the quest lines of any you find; consider NPCs from a distance before you get close to them (guards in other cities for example)...

Get yourself lost.
Do quests just because they are there.
Take a boat ride.
Learn your way around all the major cities.
Give 2 gold coins to the table dancers in Neriak 3rd gate!
Collect bonechips from decaying skeletons and sell stacks of them (/auction) in the EC tunnel.
Buy yourself something nice with the proceeds.

Basically, try to avoid the (kill/loot/repeat) grind and you'll probably have a lot more fun. Sure, you'll do that from time to time to level, but if that's all that you do, then you'll turn into a bitter level 50 with nothing to do, since its all you know how to do.

Anyway, most people here would love to be in your shoes and be exploring Norrath for the first time. You're one of the lucky ones!
THIS
Old 07-24-2010, 03:45 AM
Orc

Aye, welcome to the game Grzzly. Good to have another new guy besides me. lol

What i have picked up is that really at the beginning is go outside the gates and kill stuff for a few levels. Save the bonechips as those sell pretty decent and you can start to gear your character.

After that though, your going to be heading out to area's like EC and Nro (East Commons and Northern Desert of Ro) and kill stuff there. But, depending on your class, that can come to a halt.

Many melee classes such as the Shadowknight, Warrior, and Paladin will have trouble soloing very quickly. This is when /who lfg all comes in handy. Finding a group for these classes is key and will allow you get some decent gear depending on your dungeon, and a lot of xp. This stands for some casters also.

Death in this game is very ungorgiving. Once you get past lvl 5 (?) you start to get death penalties. This isn't the WoW ones where you sit around for 10 minutes and everything is good. You can lose hours of grinding and xp because you weren't careful or you got trained on and died. So all that work and xp, just went bye-bye and now you have to get it back.

But it's stuff like that that make this game fun. When you die, you get upset and want to throw your comp out the window. When you finally get that piece of armor or level, your happy as can be. When you die countless times and lose your lvl (It happens...), you shake your fist in the air and curse the Norrathian Gods. But that is EQ, and it is those things that make you play the game.

Hope this helps any new players and i look forward to killing some stuff with yah!

Feel free to send me a tell in game if yah need anything.

Malinrol Bloodgorger - 27sk <Lost Souls>
Old 08-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Orc

Hey guys. I have a question. Is compass bugged or smthng. It turns around even if i walk straight or stand still sometimes.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Orc

It won't be steady until skill 200. Bind a hotkey to your movement arrows in options pane, quickest way to raise skill
Old 08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinidas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It won't be steady until skill 200. Bind a hotkey to your movement arrows in options pane, quickest way to raise skill
Better yet, press "alt-d" to turn the compass off since it was not in the classic UI. Use your sense heading skill repeatedly until it is reliable. After you spend some time in most zones, you won't need it anyway. Learning your way around can be half the fun of getting to a new place.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzzly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know if I'll be met with hostility or if the community likes new EverQuest players but I just started here and I really wanted to get into EverQuest. I just cannot figure anything out. I made my character and I picked FreePort and it just kinda drops me off and I have no idea what to do. Quests? Kill mobs? What? I'm defiantly not stupid but if you guys tell me what to do I'll learn very quickly. I tried to find quests because that's the first thing that comes to mind but I can't find any. Any advice or help would be fantastic. Thanks in advance [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
forget anything WOW has taught you, look at this game as if you never have touched another MMO and you will be good. There are very little quests, and of which they are give out the "good" items and tend to take some time (like up to months) to complete. Unless you are a Mage, Necro, or higher level Bard, Wiz, Shaman, don't expect to solo very much. Its all about grinding mobs till your fingers are sore and bleeding, and always being in a group. I would suggest Crushbone or Befallen to start at lower levels, most dungeons have a xp bonus in which outside does not. Join a noob guild and they can help you out.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Closed Thread