Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaige [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the players here have no respect for one another? I remember in classic, guild leaders would get together and hash out a rotation that enabled all the raiding guilds to have a shot at the content. A true work of the community. There is no guild better to start this initiative than TMO.

Right now, it kind of reminds me of a poorly managed monopoly. Rather than using their monopoly to an advantage to grow an industry (p1999), they strangle it so that only they benefit from it.

Look at the NFL and the salary cap/revenue sharing and compare it to baseball and no salary cap/revenue sharing. The salary regulation in the NFL allows all 32 teams to be competitive with each other, which keeps fans interested in the NFL as a whole rather than the three or four major market teams that would typically have the largest salaries. As a result, more fans, more profits.

Then look at baseball, a dying sport with interest on an extreme downtrend. It isn't as bad as it used to be, but the same three to four teams would be on top because they had the largest salaries and could basically buy championships. People don't have interest in the smaller market teams because they just continuously lose. This means less fans, less profit.

Project1999 is kind of in a similar boat. It *could* be much more popular and fun if it's raid scene was better balanced. More players would invest time into the game because they knew they had a legitimate chance of raiding the higher tier zones without having to dedicate their lives to being on a bat phone. Sure, to get certain raid mobs you would still have to wake up early in the morning if its your rotation and your spawn, but at least the guilds that don't typically have 24/7 availability still have a chance. And if they don't down the mob in the alloted time, it becomes available to whoever.

This isn't a mechanic that should be created by the GMs or Devs, but should be managed by the players and guild leaders. It benefits everyone, even the head honcho TMO. This would attract more players, elevate more guilds, and allow TMO to show off their lewt to more noobs, since isn't that what EQ is all about? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I dont know wich servers u where in, but only server wich actualy had a enforced GM rotation was stormhammer. and the system end killing the own server when few of the most importan guilds begin to be blocked .

its a irony u know the use of rotations and the abuse of them to block other guilds was pretty common .
Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as the posters before me have mentioned just join TMO and you will find there is no issue with the raiding on p99
Why would I want to join TMO? I would prefer to raid with my own guild, people I enjoy spending time with, grouping, talking on vent, etc. In classic, I could raid with the guild I started with, because they were in rotation, I didn't have to join the "top guild" to see VP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know wich servers u where in, but only server wich actualy had a enforced GM rotation was stormhammer. and the system end killing the own server when few of the most importan guilds begin to be blocked .

its a irony u know the use of rotations and the abuse of them to block other guilds was pretty common .
Would you rather 7 guilds get in rotation and 1 or 2 get blocked?

Or 1 guild monopoly and 8 get blocked?

Just curious.
Last edited by Zhaige; 08-24-2013 at 11:46 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhaige [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would I want to join TMO? I would prefer to raid with my own guild, people I enjoy spending time with, grouping, talking on vent, etc.

Just curious.
Why should TMO rotate with other guilds?
Old 08-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Orc

The only part that is bad about the raiding scene is guilds being able to train other guilds in VP with no consequences on a blue server.

For those about to die, we shall loot you!
Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why should TMO rotate with other guilds?
Read my analogy a couple posts up.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Why would I want to join TMO? I would prefer to raid with my own guild, people I enjoy spending time with, grouping, talking on vent, etc. In classic, I could raid with the guild I started with, because they were in rotation, I didn't have to join the "top guild" to see VP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Just curious.
first quote is from bazia not from me, u should do ur work better.

i would rather make guilds figth and put a effort for what they want. i never asked for handjobs wich is like everyone turn this kind of post.

rotations worked in first place because 2 things.

1: everyone was a newbie and no dominating guild.
2: higher guilds would phase out mobs from older expansions in the quest to advance in the new expansion.

If a guild figth and dominate its fault of others, grow bigger or go home isnt that the motto?.

in this server the list of raidin guilds have changed alot.tmo still number 1 but nothing stop other guilds figthing for mobs.

just take time and effort of that people to try it. if u dont have time courage or willpower to accept it go play wow or other ftp.

this is everquest for god sake there was always a top dog who had the monopoly of raidin. the main trouble who hurt this server sadly is the alck of a new fresh expansion.

3 long years of kunark with the promise of velious. nothing yet.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
first quote is from bazia not from me, u should do ur work better.

i would rather make guilds figth and put a effort for what they want. i never asked for handjobs wich is like everyone turn this kind of post.

rotations worked in first place because 2 things.

1: everyone was a newbie and no dominating guild.
2: higher guilds would phase out mobs from older expansions in the quest to advance in the new expansion.

If a guild figth and dominate its fault of others, grow bigger or go home isnt that the motto?.

in this server the list of raidin guilds have changed alot.tmo still number 1 but nothing stop other guilds figthing for mobs.

just take time and effort of that people to try it. if u dont have time courage or willpower to accept it go play wow or other ftp.

this is everquest for god sake there was always a top dog who had the monopoly of raidin. the main trouble who hurt this server sadly is the alck of a new fresh expansion.

3 long years of kunark with the promise of velious. nothing yet.
You drunk?

Anyway, so you are perfectly fine sleeping where you shit? There hasn't been an expansion in a long time, might not be another one, so do something about it. Fix the issue. Stop this "EQ was about top dog" bullshit because no, it wasn't. In your metagamer fantasy it may have been, but guilds worked together in classic EQ. Put your epeen aside and stop relying on the devs to fix the issues. Guild leaders should man-up, work out your differences with each other, and make a better gaming environment for the sake of the project1999 community. Stop deteriorating the server with your epeen topdog bullshit mentality.

Ironically, the same bullshit politics that is played on this server infests real world politics as well. Guess it is just the natural progression of human behaviour.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You drunk?

Anyway, so you are perfectly fine sleeping where you shit? There hasn't been an expansion in a long time, might not be another one, so do something about it. Fix the issue. Stop this "EQ was about top dog" bullshit because no, it wasn't. In your metagamer fantasy it may have been, but guilds worked together in classic EQ. Put your epeen aside and stop relying on the devs to fix the issues. Guild leaders should man-up, work out your differences with each other, and make a better gaming environment for the sake of the project1999 community. Stop deteriorating the server with your epeen topdog bullshit mentality.

Ironically, the same bullshit politics that is played on this server infests real world politics as well. Guess it is just the natural progression of human behaviour.
Guess u cannot elaborate a argument to counter what im saying.

you are the one in a fantasy world , everquest since the launch of kunark developed a reality wich was a split of players kind types.

raiders and non raiders.

u are the one who tray to deny than every server history was full of feuds of guilds contestin and racing for mobs. if you wanna keep dreaming go ahead.

but it will never happen.
u speak alot of community but in general the most solid community in any everquest server was the core of the so called raiders.
the ones who buyed expansions and actualy raid .
to avoid the drama soe added events suchs trials and instanced but man.
this is everquest classic , not pop and beyond where every guild could do his own raids .
Old 08-25-2013, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

Showing off loot to more noobs who have the same loot?

That's not a good reason to basically take what they have and slow down the intake by several weeks.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not trying to say I'm not willing to put in any effort to get raid mobs, but from the complaining I had heard it sounded like TMO had mains/alts logged out all over the place and within minutes of something spawning they'd send out a text message and log in the characters sitting at the mob and kill it. It's good to see that this apparently isn't the case.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but actually this WAS, IS, AND WILL BE the case.

Closed Thread