Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: would you participate in a server-wide batphone for raid mobs?
yes 93 50.00%
no 93 50.00%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
doing less with moors™
it's MOOPS!
Old 08-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Aviak

I have led raids in EQ and WoW for big guilds as well as PUGs for a long time, I've also joined a numerous pick up raids. I'm new to p99, so I cannot comment on the claims that TMO are an evil raid force or if everyone else is just jealous. It seems like there are a lot of great individuals and a lot of douchebags on both sides. With that said, here are my comments on this idea:

You MUST have a strong leader or leaders that make quick intelligent decisions. If any decision takes more than 30 seconds you will lose people fast. Once enough people are there, cut it off and go, waiting for "just one more" because they really need an epic will eventually kill pick up raids.

/random for loot! At most add in a modifier for lower levels, but nothing that requires tracking. Tracking DKP for a PUG takes too much time. DKP will turn off more people and cause more issues than /random. Loot is for upgrade only, unless you aren't getting numbers, in which case you open it up to everyone in order to get people in the raid (No drop excluded). This again requires a knowledgeable, decisive, and fair leader.

Lastly, you have to succeed. If you are fighting for FTE, wiping, or wasting time with drama during a raid it will quickly fizzle. Success would almost solely be dependent on a consistent smart leader. If people know that soandso will give them a chance at loot without a headache, they will show up.

The only other thing I'll say is it sounds like TMO kills every road boss within an hour or so? Unless that changed I don't see any pug raids taking off at all, maybe once a month.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
thats why u realize the troubles a zerg force assembled face.

it isnt about managing to kill or make casual kill wich can always happen maybe in a repop. but what about normal windows when u ahd to assemble the force wait for neverendin buff request, more people showing up and delaying? 90% of the raid efared or eatin aoes.
Lets face the facts... it takes no strategy to kill anything on this server... A zerg can easily win on a contested raid mob without any key classes. This strategy to get toons of any type to a mob and on FTE is a winner.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets face the facts... it takes no strategy to kill anything on this server... A zerg can easily win on a contested raid mob without any key classes. This strategy to get toons of any type to a mob and on FTE is a winner.
dear iki war i have see you and a horde of players at gore gettin wiped and killed.
First bda kill of gore was during endagered species event of tmo, bda wouldnt have made it without certain wizard wich loves alot rnf.

toc toc alarti are you there? can you insert the pics?.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dear iki war i have see you and a horde of players at gore gettin wiped and killed.
First bda kill of gore was during endagered species event of tmo, bda wouldnt have made it without certain wizard wich loves alot rnf.

toc toc alarti are you there? can you insert the pics?.
still doesn't take strategy... fear can be a bitch.

how about all the bind rushing attempts/wipes on gore at kc? Those would be more interesting pictures.
Last edited by Joroz; 08-20-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Aviak

i love this idea.

Do it.
We love the racing against other guilds.

Just don't let this turn into a 24/7 poopsock of all targets outside of vp... poopsocks are not fun... at all.
Agdros - 52 Warrior
Saulty - 52 Bard
Gewie - 32 Rogue (new)
TMO
Old 08-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

That's dumb, Joroz, saying "there's no strategy! we only were wiping with an 80-man zerg because fear can be a bitch."

Not getting feared IS the fucking strategy. It isn't especially complicated, but that doesn't mean it isn't strategy.

Editted to be nicer!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-20-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 08-20-2013, 08:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's dumb, Joroz, saying "there's no strategy! we only were wiping with an 80-man zerg because fear can be a bitch."

Not getting feared IS the fucking strategy. It isn't especially complicated, but that doesn't mean it isn't strategy.

Editted to be nicer!
People wipe for a variety of reasons to any given raid mob... but in the end its hack/slash/heal/nuke.... if that's what you are calling strategy... there has been bigger epic failures than 80 people to gore. The point is this batphone idea is a good idea. Not everyone wants to join a 24/7 raid guild to raid, open raids like this might be just what this server needs, and there is a huge pool of people to pull into it.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joroz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
still doesn't take strategy... fear can be a bitch.

how about all the bind rushing attempts/wipes on gore at kc? Those would be more interesting pictures.
1: i want to see how you can bind the meles in kc, without los.
2: you still dont fixt the fear issue.
3: you forgot lag and other troubles.
4: with no resist proper solid agro and in general someone to chew gore wich with slow will be hard as fuck.

maybe you dont remember the first gore free raid we had in this server was like 1 year or 2 years ago. before bda with the help of some tmo scrubs bored as fuck take it down.

u got a total of 120 player pug to wipe x2 at the ice cave .
Old 08-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread