Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Merchants of Halas Faction

So I am attempting to finish the Mantel of Souls quest, and upon trying to get the Potion of Sorrows in Halas, I am KoS. I looked through the forums and online but I can't find any way to raise my faction with them to continue this quest.

Does anyone have any input on how to raise my faction with the Merchants of Halas and not ruin my heretics faction? I am at a lose on this one. I attempted to invis in and hand the money 500g over and then FD ... but almost died and did not receive the potion but still lost my 500g. Any info helps thanks !
Old 08-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Submit this in the bugs section and I'll take a look.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

The wiki has a page entry for like every faction in the game, and most/all of the mobs you can kill and quests you can do to raise or lower each faction are listed on those pages.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Merchants_of_Halas

I recommend http://wiki.project1999.org/Gnoll_Bounty ... probably with a share wolf form?

Oh, a better idea probably, depending on how high your faction needs to be with Gorth to do the gold turnin and how nasty the mobs nearby are, would be to have a friendly enchanter (or even bard) come charm the guy (which will bring you up to indifferent faction).

Also, it looks like you need to be kindly or higher for the final turnin?
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-14-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

turning in polar bear skins and orc wristbands gives positive faction with Halas Merchants, and no negatives

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well i am KoS, so upon turn in of polar bear skins, I will be attacked right after :P Going to see if I can get a bard to come with and charm him for the turn in.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well i am KoS, so upon turn in of polar bear skins, I will be attacked right after :P Going to see if I can get a bard to come with and charm him for the turn in.
or get a wolf form from druid.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Isn't wolf form KoS to them ?
Old 08-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cidz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mmm Cindl is a merchant - they never KOS... at least they weren't on live... Unless it was something implemented later?

However there are patrolling guards that can agro from outside. What I did as DE SK is hired a newbie to hail-stun all patrolling guards at the docks while I was turning in 10 bags of polar skins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Fire Giant

Are you KOS to Gorth Bearsoul, or just the other merchants? I believe he should be indifferent, even if your Merchants of Halas faction is ruined.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wolf form still left me KoS, and all merchants/ barbs there are KoS to me. I ended up just having a bard charm him, and yup it worked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just had to run like a bat out of hell to the zone line afterwards.
Closed Thread