Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root landing is almost a guaranteed instant dirt nap in group/raid pvp.

Or death if you are kiting a few mobs.
In raid pvp yes, but only in certain group situations. If you have one person spamming root, then you have one less person efficiently healing/nuking. How many times have you seen root/snare land 55+, anyway?

What if snare lasted 1-3 seconds, and root lasted .5-1?

Red99
Old 08-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Banned

I'm not going to say classic EQ was a perfect system, but it was the best one to date and we should emulate that instead of trying to make up some new game. Further, the strongest draw for this server is nostalgia, so that should be supported.

I'm not here to debate pvp mechanical balance though.

That said, the classic system on RZ was fine and very good. Few people cried about it.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentanyl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when you were playing your bard you were whining about how resists needed to be fixed because you didn't like getting rooted/snared. Silly guy.
I know your retarded but for the 8737th time I'm not Swyft, and you must really hate this bard to troll him on threads that have nothing to do with bards whatsoever gotta highfive that guy for pissing you off so much.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Root landing is almost a guaranteed instant dirt nap in group/raid pvp.

Or death if you are kiting a few mobs.
I don't think mr should land on anyone with over like a 125, but if your mr is like 60 or your naked no I'm sorry you shouldn't resist root over and over again makes a mockery of entire resist system
Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something'Witty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can confirm that last night Syft tried to snare a naked 55 druid (on a CR from another PvP encounter - grats Tune and Ezpk) and snare was resisted.
Dude you weren't the only one by guy 4 I was like WTF is going on, either a pissed off Dev has me nerfed to fuck or this shit is broke as hell because I literally have never landed a root or snare not even one with -10 mod.

so 5% chance my fucking ass! for me it's 100%

I should fraps it because it is the most nerve wracking BS I've ever seen
Last edited by Syft; 08-05-2013 at 03:47 PM..
Old 08-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know your retarded but for the 8737th time I'm not Swyft, and you must really hate this bard to troll him on threads that have nothing to do with bards whatsoever gotta highfive that guy for pissing you off so much.
No, sir, YOU'RE retarded. Chance of you being in Circle of Tyrants aka guild of RL friends like Severin, Burgerking, etc... and having a name remarkably similar to "Swyft" on a server with 150 but somehow not being Swyft is ridiculously, no, retardedly low. Why you gotta lie? I don't think you're such a terrible person just an obviously bi-polar person. Cmon dude, it's ok.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

I'm Swyft
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned

Just let Nilbog take out the 5% chance, help with mez, mage pet root, high sun and unlimited range spells then give it a rest for a while pals.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didnt sk snare.last full duration? Was that ever.fixed?
working as intended
Old 08-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Banned

I hope you realize there is also a chance for a spell to be resisted regardless if they dont go over the max value.

You *can* be immune to a spell if you go over that max value.

AKA at 200 magic resist a root would never land.
Closed Thread