Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Aviak

I agree 100% with Glitch, seems to take way to long to actually get a courier to pop compared to what people have said from live. 10% sounds about right.

-Bord Erline
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Just to provide some backup data for the spawnrate of the courier from alla quotes, average spawn time while following a single spawngroup seems to be around 10-15 minutes.

Quote:
I finally got this ring after 17 hours and roughly 50 couriers.
[approx. 1 courier every 20 minutes]

Quote:
followed your spawn table with a ranger to help me, and the courier spawned within fifteen minutes.
Quote:
you need to keep killing the newest (up on the list with "normal" sorting) spawns that match these and you will get a courier every 15 mins or so.
Quote:
This is a GREAT post I followed it to a T, and I am getting 2 - 3 courier about every 15 minutes
Quote:
I got a courior to spawn within 10 minutes and it dropped the hand I needed for the monk quest...
Quote:
Within 20 minutes I kille dtwo couriers
Quote:
After that we found another one 15 minutes later
Quote:
I started getting 1 courier every 5-10 min with this method.

Either way. it's pretty clear that 1 courier every 15 minutes is the average rate that the mob would be popping if you were actively trying to get him to pop while following a single spawngoup.

So after doing the math, on the current 30second repop timers, if the spawn chance of courier was set to 3.333%, it would yield approximately one courier every 15 minutes.
Last edited by Glitch; 04-09-2011 at 10:58 PM..
Old 04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Skeleton

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to provide some backup data for the spawnrate of the courier from alla quotes, average spawn time while following a single spawngroup seems to be around 10-15 minutes.

[approx. 1 courier every 20 minutes]

Either way. it's pretty clear that 1 courier every 15 minutes is the average rate that the mob would be popping if you were actively trying to get him to pop while following a single spawngoup.

So after doing the math, on the current 30second repop timers, if the spawn chance of courier was set to 3.333%, it would yield approximately one courier every 15 minutes.

I agree with Glitch. I did a single spawn group the other day for 4 hours and was getting the courier to spawn once about every 45 minutes. So 3.333% spawn rate for a single spawn group makes perfect sense. Great work Glitch.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Project Manager

Modified for next patch. Let me know how it works out.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Kobold

Has this changed? I have been camping the courier for the past 5 days and killed about 10 in 20+ hours of camping. I keep the PH cleared out pretty regularly. It seems he has a very low spawn rate.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Skeleton

Yeah I know this is an old post, but I do have to agree with folks here.

Spawn rate for the courier seems to be extremely low.

I've been camping this guy on and off for several weeks now.

yesterday morning, I was finally able to identify one spawn point by the lake which I proceeded to camp for several hours (don't remember exactly). In that time I was averaging about 1 courier an hour or so.

This morning I was able to identify a second spawn point for the cycle which is also showing a similar spawn rate.

All I can say is... this is gonna be a very long camp LOL

Fonix the Tonedeaf bard
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 AM
Skeleton

OK, 4 hours camping tonight covering 2 to 4 spawnpoints.

~600 PHs killed
6 couriers spawned (3 from spawnpoints I wasn't camping)

seems very very rare or extremely bad luck...
Old 07-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Orc

hate to resurrect a dead thread but the spawn rate seems really low doing this camp I have seen 1 courier in like 3 days killing all the PH's between ruins and windmill. Also on the monkly business website it says they were getting pops every 10-20mins and that those PH mobs were only a few up at a time. It seems by the windmill ruins area theres like 50 of those spawns from the list wandering around.
Last edited by adament1824; 08-01-2013 at 12:07 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by adament1824 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hate to resurrect a dead thread but the spawn rate seems really low doing this camp I have seen 1 courier in like 3 days killing all the PH's between ruins and windmill. Also on the monkly business website it says they were getting pops every 10-20mins and that those PH mobs were only a few up at a time. It seems by the windmill ruins area theres like 50 of those spawns from the list wandering around.
I have camped two of the animal invs rings on red. I just used my wife's druid and let the iksar guard just kill the trash while I spammed track. I tried using Upheaval to AoE the mobs and locating the PHers etc., but it really didn't seem worth it. I had about the same pop rate with each method, 1 - 2 per hour. The best was buffing newbie monks and letting them do the work for ya, provided they leave the courier alone.

Oh and I camped those two rings before the changes to druid track, now I wouldn't even bother trying.