Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

rolling good team cuz i already know where nizzarr will be (EVIL)
Old 07-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveitup1216 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA servers aren't intimidating, they're dumb. At least when people want to xteam and jump ship with hardcoded teams, they gotta reroll.
I don't know. The blue people I talked to were like, "I wouldn't want to roll there, my PvP skills suck and I'd probably be killed from the get-go from the first player I run across."

I do agree with you though, this would involve a more in-depth thought process for everyone.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 07-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Kobold

Teams won't work unless you find a way to make every class available to each team. The old 4 team system meant no elf or midget team was able to have a shaman or monk, evil team couldn't have a paladin, and the human team got everything.
Two teams seems too imbalanced for EQ but it's the only feasible way for have all classes be available if it's divided by race.
Three teams seem better but it honestly just makes it even easier for one team to take over because if working together against the top team was effective, you probably wouldn't have made this topic to begin with.

You could do it by deity but you'll run into the same problems of class balance. You could allow cross grouping but if you need to do it just to have shamans and monks available, what's the point in making teams?

Just leave it as it is. There's not enough people on Red to even have groups all over of every level group like is being surmised this will accomplish.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

goodies gonna have a hard time holding down gfay with all those damn gnomes and dwarfs running around. Halas will be our safe haven. We will barricade ourselves deep in the fortress of permafrost.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Sup Nihilum player Cid
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Teams won't work unless you find a way to make every class available to each team. The old 4 team system meant no elf or midget team was able to have a shaman or monk, evil team couldn't have a paladin, and the human team got everything.

Just leave it as it is. There's not enough people on Red to even have groups all over of every level group like is being surmised this will accomplish.
a paladin couldnt be evil?

no shit sherlock

reminds me of wow when we had shammies and alliance had paladins. i loved that aspect.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
goodies gonna have a hard time holding down gfay with all those damn gnomes and dwarfs running around. Halas will be our safe haven. We will barricade ourselves deep in the fortress of permafrost.
lets do this
Old 07-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two teams seems too imbalanced for EQ but it's the only feasible way for have all classes be available if it's divided by race.
Three teams seem better but it honestly just makes it even easier for one team to take over because if working together against the top team was effective, you probably wouldn't have made this topic to begin with.

You could do it by deity but you'll run into the same problems of class balance. You could allow cross grouping but if you need to do it just to have shamans and monks available, what's the point in making teams?

The problem being, there isn't enough people on red. If the server rules changed, MAYBE there will be more people being funneled into the server from the gigantic thing blue has become, when red has imploded basically.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 07-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Aviak

3 teams seems best. This way if one team got too large and started monopolizing content the other two could take it down right before turning on each other. Instead of just 2 teams trying to zerg each other they can also be making shaky alliances with the 3rd team, adding a whole other dimension to the battle.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Banned

2 teams just like real life and due to low pop

Make it religion based instead of race based good vs evil
Closed Thread