Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Title
Yes. I would donate for the creation of a brand new server. 188 70.68%
No. #@*&$% that. Let's all play on the current server, it's all we need. 78 29.32%
Voters: 266. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Large Rat

I don't care about prenerf items either. I see a new server as an opportunity to keep track of high end items as they're dropped and sold, keeping an eye out for an influx which doesn't match spawn timers or drop rates and Banning offenders IP addresses. Maybe there's not enough GM man power for that kind of attention, but It would be nice to watch some of these dupers who think p99 belongs to them lose their accounts (lives) so the rest of us can continue to enjoy classic eq.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The word is that each hard drive that needed to be replaced is costing upwards of 600 bucks. And two of them had to be shipped.
Word is... I have a bridge for sale, in Brooklyn, NY... And it too has to be shipped.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 PM
Banned

I would even be happy if it was a 2cnd blue server.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Orc

honestly id rather them just get velious out, which would fix a lot of the issues people think a rollback/wipe would (even a rollback/wipe is a temporary fix).

after sov has had the kinks more or less worked out, i would love to see a fresh server that either released expansions at Verant's rate or just give us classic/kunark/velious all on day 1.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:49 AM
Sarnak

Looks like a lot of people would be willing to pony up for a new server.

I wonder if they open a kickstarter, if the people who play on this server and potential new blood, would donate up to an amount reasonable for the creation of a new server, let's say 2000 dollar baseline, I think it would very easily be met. I would donate and I know several other people who would donate and play like crazy on a new server.

- Eliphas Levi
Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

I would like to see new server, but with changes. Charecter sales not allowed. Epic mq not allowed. Variances gone. More support on high end raids. Permanent bans for any cheater, rmt, trainer,etc. Tracking of high end items to ensure no duping. Maybe go as far as to make more raid items no drop
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Kobold

The only way a 2nd server might help is if they dictate a guild calendar/rotation on the other one. So one server people could race and the other people could schedule. Though I don't think the population is high enough to split and people are going to shit up a second server as well. People are simply pathetic.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

No. Why spread the population over two servers when it is just right for one server? I understand wanting to start over and I would love to do that but not with a meager population.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

A server wipe would drive away as many or more players than it would attract. Not everyone has 25 hours a week to play eq. Wiping away over 3 years of effort just so the noobs can go farm manastones wouldn't be fair. On top of that, splitting the population with a 2nd blue server won't be as awesome as some people seem to think. I remember when the pop on p99 was around half of what it is now. It was harder to find groups, selling in EC took longer and a lot of zones felt lonely and desserted . The only upside I can see to splitting the population is more raid targets for guilds to share. Simulated patch days could do the same thing though without divorcing the server.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A server wipe would drive away as many or more players than it would attract.

I know at least 20 people who would start playing on a new, classic server.
From reading this thread, I gather that others do too.

- Eliphas Levi
Closed Thread