Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Aviak

WTS Vaseline and other various forms of butthurt cures
Old 07-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaleban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WTS Vaseline and other various forms of butthurt cures
It's not being butthurt, it's your GM stating he may or may not decide to play by the rules of the server. And that's not much of a defense for his case...

If the argument is my guild didn't sign this charter it's very easy to make a guild called <bla> and decide not abide by any rules at all. That's a very slippery road you're taking with those comments.

As was stated, we both agree that the rules are horrendous and need changing, the 1min roll call is just one of many, let's quit the flaming and actually get to work.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You decide not to follow the rules, and I don't think you're beyond suspension. The "player-made rules" were signed off on by the GM's.
FWIW I didn't read his post and automatically think he'd be running the KS guild around here with certain knowledge of impunity. Rather, that he'd look at the rules and decide if his guild wanted to participate in the raid scene based on those rules - rather like Divinity etc. have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not being butthurt, it's your GM stating he may or may not decide to play by the rules of the server. And that's not much of a defense for his case...
With no intention to jump into the fire I'd like point out that it has been made very clear by Bumamgar and Rogean that Bumamgar is not a GM. His status as a developer does not give him access to the servers database nor does it grant him special powers or consideration from the GM's.

Furthermore, Bumamgar has made it very clear within the WI ranks that his activities as a developer are completely separate from his activities as a gamer/guild leader. Anyone suggesting otherwise and trying to exploit his status will be dipped in scalding hot diarrhea and forced to watch the Crying Game in High Definition repeatedly.

As I am not an officer or in any way affiliated with policy making internally or globally I will not comment on the other contents of the thread.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With no intention to jump into the fire I'd like point out that it has been made very clear by Bumamgar and Rogean that Bumamgar is not a GM. His status as a developer does not give him access to the servers database nor does it grant him special powers or consideration from the GM's.

Furthermore, Bumamgar has made it very clear within the WI ranks that his activities as a developer are completely separate from his activities as a gamer/guild leader. Anyone suggesting otherwise and trying to exploit his status will be dipped in scalding hot diarrhea and forced to watch the Crying Game in High Definition repeatedly.

As I am not an officer or in any way affiliated with policy making internally or globally I will not comment on the other contents of the thread.
Pretty sure the GM that he is referring to is Guild master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Aviak

Wups,

I retract the above post as I miss-read the quote thinking Skope was saying GameMaster not GuildMaster.

I better get outta here =)
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As was stated, we both agree that the rules are horrendous and need changing, the 1min roll call is just one of many, let's quit the flaming and actually get to work.
Sorry buddy, not gonna let you try to turn your argument and save face at the last minute... Calling you out on that one...

Stick with your argument, rants, flames, and ideals or gtfo.

Ohhh and before you reply with "I'm not trying to turn my argument and save face", don't bother, we've heard it all before.

That is all.

-Hilolas
Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. Now that's arrogance.

You decide not to follow the rules, and I don't think you're beyond suspension. The "player-made rules" were signed off on by the GM's.

You want to buck the system, do it by getting the rules changed...because if they don't apply to you, they don't apply to anyone else, either.
Shrug, of all the guilds they came up with these "rules", i believe WI was the only one NOT represented. To be honest, they're scewed towards super large zerg guilds, those that routinly field 50-60 players against raid targets.

I am not sure why guilds (or pick up raids since they constitute a raid force) would be subject to these or why the leadership of 4 guilds thinks they get to decide the raid rules for the whole server. There's what 8-9 guilds now that are planar capable?

In the end allowing 60 seconds to answer a roll call is ridiculous, people alt-tab, make dinner while they play, go to the bathroom etc. Not a big deal if you have 50 people camping, but a lot more important if youre doing it with 20.

It will be interesting to see what actually happens, imo.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

You can continue to try to back your guild leader (when i said GM i meant guild master, or leader, whatever), I'm done. He's proved himself quite a dick, you flaming me isn't going to change that.

What i said about the rules needing to be changed is quite obvious, I think that incident this morning was a testament to that fact.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
You can continue to try to back your guild leader (when i said GM i meant guild master, or leader, whatever),
Hi Skope,

If that was for me I conceded that point and retracted the post two down. I did not read who the quote was from and missed the context.
Closed Thread