Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derp. Why didn't I think of that?

It's more complicated than you think.

Yeah, I wonder why that is. Hmm....
Groot - 21 Human Monk
Urso - 21 Dwarf Cleric
Bofric - 20 Dwarf Rogue
Dauthi - 15 Iksar Shadow Knight
Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Fire Giant

I am hoping that Sirken meant that if people are willing to spend real money for items on this server, then it's a good sign that the server is doing well ends there and not that RMT is a god thing. What I hope he did not mean was that RMT is not a bad thing for the server. I got to see the effect that RMT has on a server in live years ago. RMT was profitable enough for people in lesser developed nations to work as a plat farmer instead of toiling in the fields or in factories and earn more money for less work. So, what happened is these individuals would sit camped at the various high value camps, farming them for the drops to sell for plat and for real world money. They even would sit at lesser valued camps and make up the difference in volume. This had some encounters on perm-camp status and they had no desire to group with anyone. At quitting time, another person would assume ownership of that camp.
I don't think that P1999 has enough demand for items and plat to see this happen widespread but if RMT were allowed, we'd see more of these highly desired camps permanently locked down, not to mention a stronger push to dupe / exploit.
I'm interested in hearing about efforts going on to stop the cheating and RMT activities. It's encouraging to hear this from server admins as silence frustrates many people into thinking that nothing is being done. I hope that the balance of providing information to satisfy the majority of people while not providing too much information to help cheaters is maintained.
-----------------------
Old 07-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The reason they can't give you a full blown list of everything they're doing to track RMT and all of their tricks, softwares, methods is because it would warn the RMTers and give them a chance to try and change their approach.

BANNED
Old 07-16-2013, 12:18 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbyjoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason they can't give you a full blown list of everything they're doing to track RMT and all of their tricks, softwares, methods is because it would warn the RMTers and give them a chance to try and change their approach.
^
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

I don't care how they're doing it, I just want a stickied list of names along with their crimes! Keep fighting the good fight, Ephi and staff.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
Not just this, but also if there is (Read: there is) duping going on, there are only two ways it can be done: With GM intervention or without, and if there is a GM involved then this whole process is going to take a LOT longer.

I said it on the interview: Every time a rollback occurred, the server gave stabbyjoe the Fungi staves back. Its not hard to figure out how this scam works.

Platlord sells fungi staff, fungi staff goes to player a. DDoS occurs/ rollback occurs. Platlord gets his itme back, player A loses his item, petitions a GM, GM restores the item. There are now 2 staves, not one.

Of course, this doesn't happen AS much with the staves because they are so rare, but it happens all the time with less-rare items, such as fungi tunic, AoN, RBG, etc etc etc
Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

^^
Not sure where you've heard this from, but this statement didn't come out of my mouth.

Also when the server gets attacked by DDOS it doesn't force a server rollback. Rogean flips that switch.

BANNED
Old 07-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Systolic once again confirmed full of it.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Systolic once again confirmed full of it.
AIM chatlog

Stabbyjoe:
I stole two fungus staffs off of Platlords mules. A few days later the server "crashed". After the crash the same two mules were restocked with fungus staffs. Somehow that server crash duped the items.
Stabbyjoe:
Wasn't only the staffs. Was also some donals bps, manastones, puppet strings, AoNs
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Sarnak

I'll gladly screenshot it if you want
Closed Thread