Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, it was "life, liberty, and the pursuit of property."

It got changed when the powerful realized property was finite, and they didn't want just anyone owning it.

Idiot.
protip for fatty: "property" in the political philosophical sense does not and has never specifically meant land ownership. Property = things you own, including land. Many of the political philosophers that influenced the founders believed in the idea that a pursuit of happiness IS the pursuit of property. Continue with your hipster ramblings.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

LOLOLOLOLOL
Old 07-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

IT'S SO EXACTLY THE SAME WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE THAT'S EXACTLY WHY THEY HAD TO CHANGE IT
Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice_Mizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's called The Republic of Liberia.
Doesn't seem all that successful. Granted there are worse places but is that really saying much?
From Travel.state.gov
Quote:
CRIME: While incidence of crime in Liberia is high, most crimes that occur within the expat community are crimes of opportunity (which increase during the hours of darkness), with an occasional residential burglary or armed robbery (with use of a knife or machete). Criminal activity has been reported in both urban and rural areas. The Liberian National Police have limited capacity to respond to crime events, thus crime is much higher in Liberian communities where police are not visible. Driving in Monrovia presents danger to residents and visitors, as traffic laws are either nonexistent or not enforced by police. Traffic accidents are frequent and often result in injury or loss of life. The police are poorly equipped and largely incapable of providing effective protection or investigation.

Perpetrators of business fraud often target foreigners, including U.S. citizens. Formerly associated with Nigeria, these fraud schemes are now prevalent throughout western Africa, including Liberia, and pose a danger of both financial loss and physical harm. An increasing number of U.S. citizens have been the targets of such scams. The best way to avoid becoming a victim of fraud is common sense – if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. U.S. citizens should carefully check any unsolicited business proposal originating in Liberia before committing any funds, providing any goods or services, or undertaking any travel, particularly if the proposal involves the mining or sale of gold and diamonds. There has also been an increase in the number of Liberian/American Internet relationships in which there are eventual requests for financial assistance under fraudulent pretenses. For additional information, please see the Department of State's Bureau of Consular Affairs brochure on International Financial Scams.

Petty corruption is rampant; poorly paid government officials may ask for fees for doing their job. Travelers may be inconvenienced for not paying them.

Don’t buy counterfeit and pirated goods, even if they are widely available. Not only are the bootlegs illegal in the United States, you may also be breaking local law.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Whoever dies with the most toys... is still dead.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice_Mizer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
50% of what I've said have been genuine rebuttals, the other 50% is frustrated outrage at this particular thread and the nature of racism in America today. I'm happily called out about flames, but it doesn't make the content of this thread any less intolerable, nor you any less flaming.

Also: Hitler.
Then let me give you a non-trollish post for a change. Let's say that the liberal crowd is right and Blacks face a 3.5% home buying premium because of meeting too many racist rich white people. I ask you: is this really a huge problem?

1. It's 3.5%, not 35%. Obviously in an ideal world it would be 0, but its hardly a crippling handicap.

2. Blacks are the subject of numerous affirmative action programs. For example, I seem to recall reading that being black was the equivalent of +200 on your SAT score, while being Asian was -100. Many companies and especially the Gubbermint go out of their way to try and maintain a racially appropriate balance.

I just find it very hard to believe that the primary problem Blacks have in this country is white men pushing them down. And its not hard to find an alternative hypothesis: a gangsta/baby momma culture that denigrates work and material success and glorifies drugs and violence. I'm sure HBB will quote that with another 'things racists say' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
protip for fatty: "property" in the political philosophical sense does not and has never specifically meant land ownership. Property = things you own, including land. Many of the political philosophers that influenced the founders believed in the idea that a pursuit of happiness IS the pursuit of property. Continue with your hipster ramblings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IT'S SO EXACTLY THE SAME WHY DIDN'T I SEE IT BEFORE THAT'S EXACTLY WHY THEY HAD TO CHANGE IT
In the year 2013 it's more accurate/correct to call it the pursuit of profit.
Kobold

Quote:
50% of what I've said have been genuine rebuttals, the other 50% is frustrated outrage at this particular thread and the nature of racism in America today. I'm happily called out about flames, but it doesn't make the content of this thread any less intolerable, nor you any less flaming.

Also: Hitler.
Godwin wins again. Thread complete.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Godwin wins again. Thread complete.
He lost when it came to Zidane vs titus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just find it very hard to believe that the primary problem Blacks have in this country is white men pushing them down. And its not hard to find an alternative hypothesis: a gangsta/baby momma culture that denigrates work and material success and glorifies drugs and violence. I'm sure HBB will quote that with another 'things racists say' [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Your worship of work and "material success" -- a truly bizarre term I can only imagine you've invented to explain your own vapid consumerism -- is depressing. I do however appreciate it when drones accept their fate and even go so far as to self-identify.

Aside from that, your attribution of traits again betrays your loose thinking and inability to analyze trends and recognize patterns. How can you label it a gangster culture and simultaneously claim they denigrate "material success" -- which I will go ahead and call wealth for the sake of not sounding fucking dumb. How can you form your opinion of an entire race based on rap videos and conclude anything but the opposite: an obsession with extravagant spending more commonly known as Bling? How can you ignore how icy them cats is? I'll tell you how: it's called willful ignorance, cognitive dissonance, being a self-serving dipshit.

Anyway, given your unique defects I can't imagine you'll ever really get it, but you'll also never achieve anything resembling a position of influence. That's some consolation.
Closed Thread