Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

Default Raising the lvl cap past 50+ is what ruined EQ

1-50 is a glorious ride, doesn't even feel like grinding. Getting to 50 was fun but going from 50-60 is terrible.

I dont know how they could have done things better, I'm not creative just calling it like it is- shit. And its a shame that they turned EQ into such a level grindfest.

I wish there was a vanilla only server. 1-50.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not creative
I'll say, if putting your butthurt on display in this post is the best thing you can find to do on a Friday afternoon.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll say, if putting your butthurt on display in this post is the best thing you can find to do on a Friday afternoon.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

guess you didnt get to the point where you grided 5000 AAs, most of which didnt really do anything. 15 AAs to +1 point to charisma, mad fun.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrux Bcrux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guess you didnt get to the point where you grided 5000 AAs, most of which didnt really do anything. 15 AAs to +1 point to charisma, mad fun.
Actually I didnt mind AA's. It actually felt like you were specializing your character a bit. It also turned some classes from mediocre to great. Grinding them did suck though till the mega exp spots came around
Old 08-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Fire Giant

AA grinding in Luclin was definitely a "fuck this" moment in my life.

Perhaps I don't see why 50-60 is awful because when you're sitting in FG killing non-loot mushrooms for for hours for a single fucking AA point, the 50 to 60 grind looks downright heavenly.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-50 is a glorious ride, doesn't even feel like grinding. Getting to 50 was fun but going from 50-60 is terrible.

I dont know how they could have done things better, I'm not creative just calling it like it is- shit. And its a shame that they turned EQ into such a level grindfest.

I wish there was a vanilla only server. 1-50.
There are many many ways to make 51-60 less of grind.

1. do more challenging content with fewer ppl. exciting and more rewarding
2. form balanced groups
3. change locations and content frequently

If you simply join random 6man groups doing w/e yea its slow and boring.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

You get spells every level.

Every level!

And disciplines.

What is there not to like about either of those?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Kobold

If they had kept level max at 50, Everquest would've died in 2000. No new content would cause the game to be boring pretty quick. I don't know what the max level got to in live, I got a Paladin to 85 and though they went a little overboard with expansions, you have to have new content to please people, and that includes raising level caps.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had kept level max at 50, Everquest would've died in 2000. No new content would cause the game to be boring pretty quick. I don't know what the max level got to in live, I got a Paladin to 85 and though they went a little overboard with expansions, you have to have new content to please people, and that includes raising level caps.
Project 1999 is proof that your assessment is incorrect. People been doing Kunark for 2+ years now. Don't underestimate pixel lust.
Closed Thread