PDA

View Full Version : Rants and Flames.

Crow
04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
There has been so much ridiculous drama and bullshit that has been flooding these forums the past few days. This guild sucks, that guild is filled with cheaters, this person is an ass-hat, that person needs a life .. I know that I certainly don't enjoy the headache that comes from reading all the drivel coming from all sides, who honestly does? It's childish squabbling over pixels. And in hindsight, none of it matters because the server is down for a while and we can't even log in. A lot of good that Draco kill does us now, eh? We each have our own stories and beliefs, so let's just agree to disagree and move on. Just remember that despite the obvious differences, we all have something in common, we play on P99 to have fun and relive the glory days of EQ.

Last night one of my buddies linked me a song that I hadn't heard in quite a while, and it did wonders for my nerves. I'll leave you guys with it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ltAGuuru7Q

SVentura
04-06-2010, 11:47 PM
I have no opinions on this matter and i'm not here to pick sides or point fingers.

All I have to say is that Rants and Flames is HILARIOUS to read through for some folks who aren't knee deep into this shit.

~Olly~
32 Druid

mudvayne1812
04-06-2010, 11:50 PM
+1

Rants and Flames really is a just of people with their panties in a bunch. I think it has to be viewed as such because it really is primarily full of unfortunately unprovable accusations.

TheDudeAbides
04-06-2010, 11:52 PM
Flash me your Etits please

mudvayne1812
04-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Flash me your Etits please

Foreal bro?

Hasbinbad
04-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Just remember that despite the obvious differences, we all have something in common, we play on P99 to have fun and relive the glory days of EQ.
Why would a guild that gets about 95-100% of the the raid bosses agree to a calendar system?
Irony.

mudvayne1812
04-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't say so much that it is irony... Being guilded with someone doesn't necessarily mean you have to 100% agree with everything they say.

TheDudeAbides
04-07-2010, 12:35 AM
You know I'll be honest

I do play here for the fun/nostalgia. Nothing more.

I can't take this server as seriously as some people do. It's just beyond the pale. It's cool to relive old EQ, kill some stuff, hang out with new friends, that's all good, but the freakish behavior some people are exhibiting over 10 year old content is disturbing.

Glitch
04-07-2010, 01:16 AM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/7960/hatar.jpg

Gwence
04-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Hasbinbad needs people to troll in order to survive it seems, never talked to this dude once in my life and he's attempted to troll me twice today already.

I'll bite on this one because you have me a bit curious now. Care to explain how that is a form of irony?

Pikle
04-07-2010, 02:55 AM
yeah no irony there honestly. I think he's just looking for something. People use the word irony a little loosely.

xorbier
04-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Shut the fuck up Donnie.

Hasbinbad
04-07-2010, 06:02 AM
Implied meaning: IB wants people to have fun.
Actual meaning: IB wants all the cookies for themselves.

Implied meaning is at odds with the actual meaning. This is irony.

mitic
04-07-2010, 06:36 AM
that's all good, but the freakish behavior some people are exhibiting over 10 year old content is disturbing.

flawed argument there

someone playing i.e. AION 24/7 is the same freak as someone playing "a 10 year old game" 24/7

Dabamf
04-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Implied meaning: IB wants people to have fun.
Actual meaning: IB wants all the cookies for themselves.

Implied meaning is at odds with the actual meaning. This is irony.

When hasbinbad is guilded with IB, IB should get all the cookies.
When hasbinbad is not guilded with IB, IB are selfish for wanting all the cookies.

?

TheDudeAbides
04-07-2010, 07:03 AM
flawed argument there

someone playing i.e. AION 24/7 is the same freak as someone playing "a 10 year old game" 24/7

Not even close

Aion is a new game. You have the potential to still be the first to master content. I could see the incentive to want to be the best when it comes to breaking new ground, figuring out strats before anyone else, ect.

No new ground is being broken here. All this shit was mastered 10 years ago. This is like someone trying to be the best at quake2 and attempting to become as good as Thresh or Immortal, and griefing the few players that actually still might play the game. It's disturbing.

This has gone beyond nostalgia and into the realm of insanity. 24/7 parked druids tracking shit, calling people up at 4AM to go kill 10 year old mobs is freakish.

mitic
04-07-2010, 07:13 AM
so what

stuff like nagy or vox where already "mastered" in 2000.

dont downgrade this game just because its old. people waking others at 4am in the morning is proof enough that this game is STILL on par with other new games, at least for us oldschoolers.

Finawin
04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
This baby is STILL crying about "10 year content" days later. What a fucking massive pussy. LOL

He's acting like he's above this "10 year content" like I've said in another thread, but look how hard he's raging over losing it in every thread.

Dabamf
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Not even close

Aion is a new game. You have the potential to still be the first to master content. I could see the incentive to want to be the best when it comes to breaking new ground, figuring out strats before anyone else, ect.

No new ground is being broken here. All this shit was mastered 10 years ago. This is like someone trying to be the best at quake2 and attempting to become as good as Thresh or Immortal, and griefing the few players that actually still might play the game. It's disturbing.

This has gone beyond nostalgia and into the realm of insanity. 24/7 parked druids tracking shit, calling people up at 4AM to go kill 10 year old mobs is freakish.haha fish bait, your guild, batphones people. Salty posted the god damn screenshots

man your vagina is like 90% sand right now isn't it

yaaaflow
04-07-2010, 11:35 AM
When hasbinbad is not guilded with IB, IB are selfish for wanting all the cookies.

?

What have you done for Hasbinbad lately?

Ferok
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Not even close

This has gone beyond nostalgia and into the realm of insanity. 24/7 parked druids tracking shit, calling people up at 4AM to go kill 10 year old mobs is freakish.

If people didn't take it seriously, it wouldn't feel very nostalgic.

Dead horse. Stop beating it.

YendorLootmonkey
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM

It drops phat loot and gives mad XP.

Pikle
04-07-2010, 01:13 PM
Also IB has helped us and tried to share the cookies... They saved our ass on our first fear break in, they helped us out in hate a few times too. It's not hard to make friends with people on a great game like this. And I think the fact people get fired up about this game 10+ years later is because we are in competition with other hardcore players and some of them are the best to ever play this game. The exact game mechanics may not be the same, but what made EQ great was the community. And this server has that.

Hasbinbad
04-07-2010, 02:37 PM

?
Oh I'll be the first to admit I'm guilty of this.
You're absolutely right Dabamf. ..but hey, when in Rome..

Klaire
04-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Regardless, I think we can all agree that cookies are awesome. Not the ones with pistachios, though, other guilds can have those ones.

Hi, Hasbin!

TheDudeAbides
04-08-2010, 06:57 AM
If people didn't take it seriously, it wouldn't feel very nostalgic.

You're confusing masochism with nostalgia

Finawin
04-08-2010, 10:35 AM
Lol what a winy bitch, still going.

TheDudeAbides
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Lol what a winy bitch, still going.

Your breath smells like feces

TheDudeAbides
04-08-2010, 11:57 AM
A nD u CuNTT SPelL